• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Steven Spielberg's "Taken"

Truth_Seeker

Regular
I've just seen the first two episodes of this show and I can say that so far it's been pretty good. Of course the use of the stereotype "small grey men" was not a very original idea, but the story was written in an interesting and intelligent way.

So what do you guys think about it?

Never saw the miniseries. I read the book though. I thought it was weird and I don't remember it making much sense. My impression was it was a conglomeration of all UFO/Alien superstitions in one place.

I enjoyed the miniseries quite a bit, actually. I thought it was well done for a "little gray men" kind of thing.

I really liked the first few parts, but found the quality of the mini declines with each part. Best is behind 'ya.

I really liked the first few parts, but found the quality of the mini declines with each part. Best is behind 'ya.

I saw the entire miniseries back when it first aired on The Sci-Fi Channel. Didn't care for it. IIRC, it didn't make much sense. I actually like "The 4400" more than "Steven Spielberg's Taken" (which I recorded on VHS SP and ended up erasing, immediately after watching the final episode.). Not a keeper. BTW, I still haven't been able to force myself to watch Season 4 of "The 4400." See, it went downhill, too.

And then there was The Sci-Fi Channel's over-promotion of the damned thing, which was obnoxiousX1000, namedropping "Steven Spielberg's" in every mention of it. I heard "Steven Spielberg's" mentioned enough to last me 1000 lifetimes. I'm only using the full title here so as not to confuse it with the Liam Neeson's movie "Taken" that's currently in theaters.

I've just seen the 8th episode and I have 2 more left.

Very good show, not excellent but it's still worth watching. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back