View Single Post
Old February 22nd 09, 02:50   #617
hypatia
First One

Re: What are you watching now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
Even with the map or the compass they weren't going to navigate out of the woods, that was where the malevolent presence came into play. This was highlighted later when they stayed on the same course and still ended up at the same spot they had camped at the night before. No matter what after those kids spent their first night in the woods they weren't getting out because the witch didn't want them to.
I was trying to quote someone here at this board. I think that's where I heard it. But you wouldn't know, probably that was before you got here.

I admit I found that joke more entertaining than The Blair Witch Project. But I do know it was popular, and it was definitely different. I'm just kind of glad that shaky-cam style didn't completely take over the film industry.

As to the other conversations going on here, after your post, I don't have much to say as I'm not one who appreciates horror. There is one "scary movie" that I have liked, and I admit it's one of my favorite movies: the classic version of "The Haunting". I love that movie, and it's sense of style. Not that it's better or worse than any other, it's just more to my tastes.

I think it is brilliant, though. I've never seen nor heard of a horror film like it. I'm not sure if it's even considered horror.