View Single Post
Old September 28th 21, 12:01   #27
Ubik
Commander

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
I will of course watch it.

But - I have a lot of trepidation going into this, maybe even a little sadness. It's hard to put into words and maybe I need to cogitate on it for longer, but the original B5 is very dear to me. Maybe my fear is that the reboot will eclipse the original in people's minds, just by being newer and flashier, and my instinct is to be protective of the original.

I also find reboots to be, generally, a creatively bankrupt concept. Of course there are exceptions and some reboots do work out, like BSG, but I would rather see JMS produce a completely new space-based show.

I will keep my fingers crossed that this is good. It might be hard for me to warm to it at first, and I think the new show will have to work to justify its existence. If it can do that, then I will be in all the way.

And, it might open the door for merchandise related to the original show. At least get the blu-ray out...

PS. There were two rumoured projects, this but also the animated show. Hopefully this hasn't nixed the possibility of the animated show.
It does bode well, that in his tweet JMS mentioned the B5 reboot in the same breath as Westworld and BSG. This means the show will be a drastic overhaul, which I can totally get behind. We'll be getting something very different, and I'd wager, nothing like a straight remake that some fans seems to think we're getting.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote