• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Terminator: The S. Connor Chronicles

Alluveal

Regular
Anyone else catch this? I'm actually pretty darn impressed with it. My only fear is that it's on Fox and Fox is known for dumping shows before they have a chance to prove themselves. Let's hope the ratings come through.

I get to see River from Firefly again, too. And I think the woman playing Sarah Connor was the wife of Leonidas in "300." Cool so far. Just seem like a well-rounded, fun time. I wasn't expecting much, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I wasn't expecting much either but so far it seems like an okay show. Not a lot of interesting stuff has happened yet but maybe that is yet to come. I will get bored with it if the show is just full of fight scenes with cyborgs. :p

I'm really digging this show so far. I immediately recognized Sarah as the actress from 300, which is great. She can definitely play a strong, no-nonsense woman and still be hot at the same time.

Summer as the new Terminator is cool, especially since they haven't revealed many details on what model she is, how she can heal so quickly, etc. ... Since the series takes place between T2 and T3, I doubt we'll see Kristanna Loken show up as another T-X, but with a time travel episode, you never know. Anything is possible, especially since they didn't continue Painkiller Jane (dammit).

Summer as the new Terminator is cool, especially since they haven't revealed many details on what model she is, how she can heal so quickly, etc. ...

I agree. It was interesting when Sarah asked her, "so, will these guys (the freedom fighters who came back in time) know you?"

And she said, "They know me," but with a very strange tone. I'm thinking she's a bad-ass from the future, but also one that is capable of the most empathy? She seems to be picking up on human nuances more than the others so far (i.e. squeezing John's hand when he seemed down.) The nurturing/female bot, but utterly hardcore and ready to kick butt.

I'm guessing she was a new experimental model made to appear more human and programmed to emulate human behavior, but something went "wrong" and she started to empathize with the humans and went rogue.

I saw it. I think its decent so far. I'm not really jumping up and down or anything, but it has promise. I do like the fact that it eliminated the third movie from ever happening (cause I thought it was a weak follow-on to T2) and they took things in a different direction shortly after T2.

Well, at least the writer's strike means FOX will air all the episodes they've shot, even if they don't make more.

I've been enjoying the new series. The cast is good, and I think they've managed to walk the fine line between making John a complete wuss and a Wesley Crusher.

Spoiler Content Below

Spoiler for :
Ok, what was going on with the whole school deal tonight? The girl in the bathroom crying over what? Someone had spray painted something on the wall she didn't like? Looked like a door with a bra on it. Didn't really "get" that whole thing--but could have just been a blonde moment.

And good on Sarah for not offing Andy. She'd be just like the machines if she took that route (as they were sent back in time to first kill her, now John.) Glad there was another option there.

just watched the first episode, i was actually very impressed. i thought the visual effects were absolutely top notch (for television anyway), there were maybe a few clichéd moments, but not particularly bad ones.

Heh, someone remind me what T3 was about again?

I like the show still but they have yet to really grab my attention with it. I agree with Alluveal about the school scenes and whatnot. It went over my head too.

If my memory serves, T3 was about Claire Danes's character sending Arnold back in time to protect John Connor from the onset of Judgment Day. And there was a "hot Terminator babe" who existed pretty much for nothing more than to have a "hot Terminator babe".

Well, at least the writer's strike means FOX will air all the episodes they've shot, even if they don't make more.

Well, let's hope so - the trend in the Nielsens ain't looking too great so far. Alarmingly reminiscent of Firefly, in fact. :eek:

Looking at this from a general SF fan perspective, it's troubling that they seem to be collapsing quicker than the quantum probability wavefunction in Deal or No Deal - which, incidentally, got twice as many viewers as T:TSCC over on NBC. Also saying "Hasta la Vista, baby!" were a couple of reruns of old shows on CBS -

Ratings for Monday January 21st

Sad to say, it's hardly the booster for scripted genre programming that many were hoping for .... :(

OK did I miss something here? So when did this terminator that they almost killed in the past (that followed them to their present) all of a sudden get a name? And a stupid name at that. Cromartie? It was just another tin can tracking John Connor. When did it get a name? Why do they call it by name? To them its just another terminator. This just seems totally against the concept and out of character for them all. So when did this happen?

Not sure what you mean. As for the ratings, I believe part of the ratings slump has to do with the writer's strike in general. People are vocally afraid to get into any fictional show right now for fear that 3 eps in the strike will kill it. FOX hasn't helped with any clear indication of their plans for the show, how many eps there are.

The uncertainty factor isn't helping a lot of shows. Hopefully this strike ends soon as they are now predicting.

CE

Heh, so on point Recoil! I am guessing that maybe Cromartie was the name used when he was a substitute teacher but I am not sure about that either. So far, I am not impressed with this show. I also thought it was far fetched that they could identify Cromartie when just his metal head came through the portal. Cameron had said something like ... no that's not him ... he's too tall ... when they found the other terminator with the special metal stuff to make more terminators. Also, did I miss how Cromartie rebuilt his body?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back