• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Crusade: Each Night I Dream Of Home

Each Night I Dream Of Home

• A -- Excellent

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • B -- Good

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F -- Failure

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
'B' - Points off for missing a 59 kilometer long Drakh mothership and yet still blowing it up.

Neither great, nor bad, definitely not inspiring. My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).

My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).

This is one Crusade episode I have yet to see... but I would suggest to you that perhaps that was exactly the role they were intended to play... until the main arc kicked in. Alas we shall never know.

This is one Crusade episode I have yet to see... but I would suggest to you that perhaps that was exactly the role they were intended to play... until the main arc kicked in. Alas we shall never know.

Never say never.

Neither great, nor bad, definitely not inspiring. My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).

Did you get tired of all the dialogue dealing with who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, and how Gideon may understand the plumber's reasoning someday if he's lucky?

Did you get tired of all the dialogue dealing with who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, and how Gideon may understand the plumber's reasoning someday if he's lucky?

No, I got tired of the forced humour.

No, I got tired of the forced humour.

Oh, come on, the part about who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, was beaten to death. I was saying "Enough already!" I watched the ep. yesterday and the only forced humor I can remember was the Gideon/Lochley banter:

"Never eat anything bigger than your head....." stuff. That wasn't nearly as bad as Franklin/Chambers stuff that took up what felt like half the episode once you figure in the long stares between them. :rolleyes: Too melodramatic.

Dr. Franklin: When the time comes, I'll push the button that will mix the air between the other isobay and my own. I don't want you doing it.

Dr. Chambers: I'm perfectly capable.

Dr. Franklin: No, it's not that. I just don't want you to have it on your conscience.

Dr. Franklin: Alright David, this is how we're going to do this. Everything here has been scrubbed of all partiiculate matter and sterilized. The only thing left in here should be me and the virus, which I'm releasing every time I exhale. Now, in a moment, I'll open an air vent between your isobay and mine. The series of injections we gave you earlier will enable us to scan you on a molecular level. Now, everything has been accounted for in, on and around you, so the only thing that should show up on the scanners is the virus. We'll be able to get an image of it and track it every step of the way as it enters your system. Any questions?

David: No.

Dr. Franklin: Alright, let's get started.

Dr. Chambers: Stand by.

Computer: Warning. Malfunction. Warning. Malfunction.

Dr. Chambers: We seem to have a problem.

Dr. Chambers: Your console isn't activating the air vent.

Dr. Franklin: Well then we're just going to have to....

Dr. Chambers: No, it's OK. I'll do it.

Dr. Franklin: Doctor.

Dr. Chambers: You have enough to think about. Let me carry this one for you.

Dr. Franklin: And, uh, thanks.

Dr. Chambers: <nods back>

I watched the ep. yesterday and the only forced humor I can remember was the Gideon/Lochley banter:

"Never eat anything bigger than your head....." stuff.

That, and (paraphrasing) "Great. Our first major battle with the Drakh, and Sarah missed all the excitement."

Dr. Chambers: You have enough to think about. Let me carry this one for you.

I think people only say things like this in the B5 universe.. :) Although it's not quite in the same league as Ivanova telling ISN "I need to decide where my heart belongs before the rest of me can follow"

That, and (paraphrasing) "Great. Our first major battle with the Drakh, and Sarah missed all the excitement."

I think people only say things like this in the B5 universe.. :)

The humor in this episode didn't bother me at all. In fact, I was beginning to enjoy the Gideon/Lochley banter/flirting. IMHO, those two can carry it. Where the dialogue seems to fall flat, to me, is often when Dr. Chambers is talking to Dr. Franklin.

Although it's not quite in the same league as Ivanova telling ISN "I need to decide where my heart belongs before the rest of me can follow"

Agreed.

What bothers me is when JMS seems to use way too many words, has the scene go on too long and beats a simple subject to death. For example (Don't remember which episode this was in.):

From memory:

Gideon: "Read my mind."

Matheson: "Sir! I wouldn't!"

Gideon: "Sorry! Sorry. It was just a figure of speech. I didn't mean it to be taken literally."

1. Would Gideon even say such a thing to Matheson? Unlikely. That would be a button-pusher that he'd likely avoid in Matheson's presence.

2. Assuming Gideon was tired and it just came out that way, wouldn't Matheson know it was just a figure of speech? He would. These guys have worked together for awhile, haven't they? At most, it should just have warrented an annoyed look (no words) shot from Matheson to Gideon, to which Gideon would have replied "Sorry, figure of speech."

There, 20 words replaced by 4 and a look. That's the kind of stuff that bothers me, because it drags on and on, and it seems out of place and unnatural.

Last edited:
Eh, it was alright.

I agree that there was a bit too much discussion on pushing the button and who was going to do it … that did give Dr. Franklin another opportunity to do his “As a doctor, I … “ speechifying. Such drama!

It IS nice to see Dr. Franklin again, although that thin moustache/goatee thing made me think he might be EVIL Dr. Franklin, like goateed evil Spock.

Well, I guess I’ve now seen all of Crusade …… Time to start over on B5.

I've enjoyed reading your reviews of each episode as you've watched them, it's prompted me to watch a lot of episodes again. Have you watched Lost Tales and Legend of the Rangers yet? (On second thoughts, maybe don't bother with that last one!)

I have! I only recently watched Legend of the Rangers for the first time. I posted in the thread, here: http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9932

I haven't recently re-watched Lost Tales, so I haven't posted in that thread yet. I bought that when it was new. My expectations had been a bit too high. I'm not sure I've ever re-watched it. I think I completely forgot about it in my recent re-watch also :p

I'm traveling right now and I brought with me the episodes of Crusade I hadn't yet watched as well as The Gathering and some of season 1, but not Lost Tales. It'll have to wait until I get home again :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back