• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?!

deaded

Regular
I'm pretty excited about this. I hope it's real!! Anyone else hear anything?

https://gizmodo.com/babylon-5-is-getting-rebooted-with-j-michael-straczyn-1847752907

It’s time for one of the most beloved sci-fi classics of the ‘90s to come back—and the man behind it the first time around is back for more.

Variety reports that Warner Bros. has ordered a reboot of Babylon 5, produced and written by Straczynski as part of a deal between Warner Bros. TV and Straczynski’s Studio JMS. The series is not a continuation of the show, but a “from the ground up” reboot of the cult classic 1993 series, which ran across five seasons and seven made-for-TV movies until 1998. Set in a future where humanity has gone into the stars and found a plethora of alien civilizations to attempt to live in harmony, Babylon 5 followed Earthforce officer John Sheridan (Bruce Boxleitner) as he took command of the titular space station Babylon 5, a hub for diplomatic meetings, trade negotiations, and eventually a staging ground among renewed conflicts between the civilizations of the world and even humanity’s own descent into totalitarianism.

The series was beloved for its dark sci-fi plots and its approach to a massive, intertwined narrative over the course of its seasons and movies—and spinoffs like the TNT series Crusade—to tell a long form story, rather than plots-of-the-week, with iconic alien characters like Mira Furlan’s Delenn and Andreas Katsulas’ petty villain turned spiritual figure G’Kar. Although the series came to an end in 1998, it inspired a whole universe of tie-in novels, and its influence can be felt everywhere from the likes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine to Straczynski’s own work collaborating with the Wachowskis on Sense8.

We’ll bring you more on the CW’s plans for Babylon 5 as and when we learn them.

edit... oops, didn't see Jan posted same thing in a different forum, sorry.

Last edited:
Well, looks like I have to dust off my old account and get back into things! There is B5 content incoming!

There's a blast from the past. I suddenly got this image when I saw your post:

walkerface.jpg

What about GKarsEye or Lyta? I think I'm still Facebook Friends with her (although I haven't used Facebook much in the last year and a half).

Look who dragged me out from beyond the rim! I am all for coming back here and revitalizing this forum. Need to make it more mobile friendly. Let's see if I can remember how to post and crap. Let me know how I can help out again.

What about GKarsEye or Lyta? I think I'm still Facebook Friends with her (although I haven't used Facebook much in the last year and a half).

Look who dragged me out from beyond the rim! I am all for coming back here and revitalizing this forum. Need to make it more mobile friendly. Let's see if I can remember how to post and crap. Let me know how I can help out again.

Nice to see your black eyes around this place again :LOL:

With all this mobile talk, I'm starting to think I'm the only one left that still uses a desktop to access message boards.

I still use my laptop to come here. But there is another board that I belong to that I can post at either on my laptop or on my phone.

Latest posts

Members online

Back