• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My Opinion

I pay $60 for digital cable with HBO, Showtime, TMC, IFC and Sundance. I ponied up starting last January for Oz and Six Feet Under on HBO, and for Queer as Folk and Stargate on Showtime. It was the same price to get just HBO and Showtime, or those two plus the indie channels and digital cable, so I couldn't really say no. (TechTV, MTV Classic, News International, digital cable radio and the "info" button on my remote more than offset the irritation of having yet another box in my stereo system.)

While there was a dry spell for about 4 months following 9/11, overall it's been worth every penny. I'm a little bummed I'll have to sit through commercials on Stargate from now on but pretty psyched for Jeremiah because it was gooooood -- and dare I say much better suited to Showtime than Stargate was. In a way it delivered what I was hoping to get from B5LR, namely characters I can care about and storylines involving real ethical ambiguity. If B5 is really finally over with, I won't feel quite as bad now.

So Alex, how does it feel to play Kosh?
wink.gif

------------------

to answer a few questions and speculations:

1) there are no "typical" sci-fi aspects to the season so far (i.e. spaceships and aliens)
2) Theo will indeed reappear
3) the breasts in the bar scene are the last you will see for quite some time (i.e. as was addressed in a different thread, gratuitous nudity does not happen.. i don't think the producers have felt that it needs it or that it should have it because it can. nor is there gratuitous violence, so far..)

and i must agree that Luke Perry and MJW have great chemistry. although, i think it would hard for somebody not to have chemistry with an actor as charismatic as MJW.
-di doctor-

------------------

Since I live outside the range of Showtime I know it won't be available for a while. I can understand their reluctance to put it out on syndication when some customers are paying that much for an exclusive show. They should get something for their money that others can't get.

However, it's bound to turn up some time on other networks just so Showtime can recoup some of their money. In the meantime I just hope I keep hearing from everyone how good it is.

It is being shot mainly on location in the Vancouver area but so far I haven't seen a sign of the big trailers. I guess I live in the wrong part of town.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alex zahara:
Lots of cool stuff, did you catch a beared and long haired yours truly in the begining, middle and end? Yep Dulann has transformed into Ezekiel.
Take care...Alex Z.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I certainly did. Waved at the screen and said "Hi, Alex!" Did you hear me?
wink.gif

And if you bought that, let's talk bridges... no batteries required... lol.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrRingDing:
to answer a few questions and speculations:

and i must agree that Luke Perry and MJW have great chemistry. although, i think it would hard for somebody not to have chemistry with an actor as charismatic as MJW.
-di doctor-

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wholeheartedly concur. Even the scenes where I thought I might have to check Luke for a pulse crackled if MJW was in them.

(Sorry, Channe, but I'd tired of that whole "too hip for the room vibe" Luke puts out in every single freakin' role I've ever seen him in. GRRRRRRRR!!!!)

And thanks, Dr. for addressing those little niggling points. Nice to know someone in the know.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

To think I am signing up for Showtime so I can see just this one show! I have to ditch one of my other premium channels to do it. Sorry HBO, you just got outbid by JMS.
smile.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
It is being shot mainly on location in the Vancouver area but so far I haven't seen a sign of the big trailers. I guess I live in the wrong part of town. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I can tell, they are. Maybe they are filming way out in the wilderness and that is why you don't see the trailers?

Almost all the outdoor scenes (the river, eating the fish, leaving NORAD, etc.) have a distinctive Pacific NW feel. It is really beautiful and so I overlook the fact that they are not supposed to be anywhere near this area in the show. Who knows ... maybe in 15 years Colorado starts looking like the PNW? Hmm, maybe it does already? I haven't been there since I was a kid so ... *shrugs*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

And here I am, still glad that luck was on my side for once.
lol.gif

And Alex posted in my thread! I feel quite honored.
laugh.gif

------------------
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other." --G'Kar "Epiphanies"

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." --Sima Yi

G'Kar's City-State!

Is it worth me paying more for Showtime? The only reason I have digital is for Sci Fi, and I don't watch that much of it, so I am not sure forking out more money a month for Showtime is my idea of fun!

Back