• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Most Annoying Guest Character In B5?

Truth_Seeker

Regular
Let's remember the most annoying guest characters in the show.;)

One of them is surely colonel Ari Ben Zayn from "Eyes".Very annoying.

Another candidate could be the Lumati ambassador in "Acts Of Sacrifice".

And let's also not forget that Jinxo guy from "Grail".

What's your opinion?

The actor playing Ari Ben Zayn was bang slap in the middle of a messy divorce according to Walter Koenig (who mentioned it in interview),so that might explain some of the insane hammy aggressionnin his performance.

Jinxo was alright... he was just a bit of a spanner.

Zento got on my pip with some of his facial expressions in By Any Means.

The actor playing Ari Ben Zayn was bang slap in the middle of a messy divorce according to Walter Koenig (who mentioned it in interview),so that might explain some of the insane hammy aggressionnin his performance.
Larry DiTillio said the same in his introduction in the Other Voices script book (volume 2):
As Director Jim Johnston expressed it “ He’s playing every line like he’s doing Macbeth”. This over-the-top performance caused infinite delays in shooting as Jim tried to rein him in to no avail.

Jan

Jinxo was terrible, and compared to his first appearance in the series Turhan Bey was very annoying in his season 5 appearance. Although based on what I've heard he was so far gone by that point that he couldn't remember any of his lines.

I think you guys are getting your prophetically named characters mixed up. Robert Englund's character was Ezekiel wasn't he? Not Jeremiah.

Oh well my bad... he looks more like an Ezekiel than a Jeremiah if you ask me.

JMS does seem to have a penchant for using the names of biblical prophets.

Captain Ellis Pierce from "A Voice In The Wilderness" Part 2 was definately annoying.I think that JMS wanted to show the average EarthForce soldier with big muscles and no brains, who's ready to fight a battle without even understanding the reasons for it.

Last edited:
He was Sec Turval the Religious Caste Ranger Instructor in "Learning Curve".

I actually didn't mind that episode one jot...but it's reminded me of that dumb cockney Minbari who in a later episode got kicked of Captain Montoya's White Star, Maria.

Findell that was his name... man he got on my pip.

Last edited:
I've always thought Captain Maynard, I think his name was, in "A Distant Star" left something to be desired in his performance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back