• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Ceremonies Of Light And Dark

Voices Of Authority

• A -- Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C -- Average

• D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
B everything has a consequence in B5 and Delenn gets hers for interfering in EA matters and a little piece of info about EM war humans have not changed in a two hundred years.

A bit of a comedown after Severed Dreams, though I guess anything would struggle to follow up on that episode. Probably more notable for the confessions of the crew, and at last Marcus gets a decent bit of characterisation. Its an episode that is necessary at this point of the season, reflecting on what has happened.

I give it a C.

:D Guess what...I liked it! I gave it an "A"!

I loved this episode, and I know you're thinking I give them all an "A", but look what we have here!

Londo and Lord Refa sharing a cocktail, do you think Refa ever stopped at one before or was it something Londo said? :D The scene is just excellent!

I also loved Marcus in this one and his: "Bugger, now I'm going to have to wait for one of them to wake up..." :D And the computer thing is cute, from "peekaboo" to the attitude, it's just cute! My computer has an attitude, too! :D

Then there's Lennier... :( poor Lennier, my heart just broke for him! He finally said it, something we all knew...he loves Delenn, but she's destined for someone else... :( something else we all knew. Not that I was ever against Delenn and John getting together, I love that relationship...but I was sad for him.

And the best for last: Delenn put herself between that knife and Sheridan, and then he went :mad: after that guy! My heart just stopped beating!

Sorry, this one gets an "A", too! ;)

The scenes with Marcus and Lennier in the bar are classic. I also like the ceremony at the end of the ep., with the revelations from Ivanova, Garibaldi, and Franklin.

Good ep, but that Boggs guy and his top henchman are just plain weird!

:D That Boggs was such a good bad guy, wasn't he? ...Creepy...the scar...It just worked for me! :D And I know him from somewhere, I haven't figured it out yet...I'm trying not to cheat and just Google him but it's sooo hard!! :D

I gave it a B as it was very good but followed one of the best and served as a "pause" moment. Definitely a character driven ep.

:D That Boggs was such a good bad guy, wasn't he? ...Creepy...the scar...It just worked for me! :D And I know him from somewhere, I haven't figured it out yet...I'm trying not to cheat and just Google him but it's sooo hard!! :D

Well, the actor, Don Stroud, played Walker Smith's mentor in TKO, but he was under heavy alien make-up so maybe you recognise him from somewhere else?

Don Stroud

:D Don Stroud, of course!!! As soon as I read his name I knew you were right...Thanks for the rescue Springer, there was no way I was going to remember that on my own! :D

Do you remember the movie, Coogan's Bluff, with Clint Eastwood? It's a really old movie, but a good one. I think that was probably the first time I saw him. He's played a lot of heavies and bad guys over the years. I thought he was perfect for the role of Boggs; he had just enough "creep" to him to pull it off! :LOL:

You know, he was always such a big, good-looking guy, they really uglied him up...I mean, gave him a lot :eek: "character" for this role! :D

I've been trying to insert a picture from his younger, "scar less” days here... :D but I don't know how! :D

he really looks like that.

:D Well, he is a lot older now than in the pictures I’m thinking of, and :eek: maybe some people don’t age as well as others... For example, look at Mr. Boxleitner, now there's a man that knows how to age gracefully! Ooooh, baaaaby! :eek: :D

I Googled an example for you, check out the top picture, that's the image of Don Stroud I'm remembering...While you're at it; check out that last picture, too! :D

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

:D Speaking of aging well, I intended to age very well or simply stop aging! .... :D ;)

I gave it a B. The last 15 minutes and the scene with Marcus and Lennier kicked it up a letter grade for good character development.

I think it was a good idea to go in a completely different direction after the last few episodes. It's quite realistic to show that there are still Nightwatch people on the station that think their cause is worth fighting for. Those two leaders of the group are scary personalities, real psychos - brrr!

The use of a cheerful spiritual, almost a children's song, in the terrorist context is sinister. The fact that it ends "Now hear the word of the Lord" is symbolic of Nightwatch's feeling that theirs is a mission, akin to divine.

There's some good character development, especially showing something of Marcus' past. Clinging to memories of losses can develop a tremendous power over a person. I've often heard of survivors who cannot forgive themselves for being alive when others have died. However, even one who enjoys violence as little as I do has to laugh over his comment that his anger is no longer repressed! Oh, and he gets the coolest line: "You can get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 than just with a kind word." :LOL:

Continuing the theme of prophecy, I like Delenn's comment: "Prophecy is a poor guide to the future."

Interesting to see Londo lecturing Refa that loyalty should be greater than ambition. And I love it when he describes the way the poison works!

I must say, I find Lennier's description of his love for Delenn to be typical for a young person, over-estimating himself. Romantic love is not high, noble and pure?! He definitely has a superiority complex! This leads to his later actions and character development.

I'm not voting, but I would say this episode doesn't rank quite as high as the last one; however, in terms of character and dialogue, it's very good - outranks any other TV show for sure.

I quite like this one. It is indeed a bit of a breather episode after Severed Dreams, but there's still a whole lot of stuff going on in this. There's some elements I'm not entirely crazy about, but overall, I'm quite fond of this episode.

Of course the remained of Night Watch would be plotting at this time! This band of thugs is a bit cartoonish again .. mostly the random dudes in the background who just sort of stand there ... Boggs is a bit of a caricature, but that second guy is SUPER creepy and entirely believable as the "real psycho" Garibaldi describes him as. His talk of the war, and that creepy song. Pretty messed up.

I'm not crazy about the artificial personality plot.

The Centauri plot, on the other hand, is pretty great.

The funeral early on in the episode is quite moving, as is the rebirth ceremony at the end. That last one has always been one of my favorite bits. And it leads to the new uniforms, which is pretty exciting.

I like all the character development going on here ... Marcus gets a lot of time and dialog in that respect. The interaction between him and Lennier is pretty interesting here. That's the first time we've seen Lennier sort of aggressive. Also the first time Lennier brings up his love for Delenn, of course. "A more noble, pure, perfect love". Sure, Lennier. Although, I have to say, I think when I first watched this, I actually believed him. We've never seen him be anything other than devoted and loyal. The weird stuff comes later.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back