• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Dresden Files

The Thomas spin off book? What??? What are you talking about? ISBNs please.

Jim Butcher did a little 70 some page book called Backup. I guess he did it to give more information about Thomas since people love Vampires so much. I think it takes place right after Small Favor.

I paid 20 bucks for it and finished it in about 30 minutes... probably should of just read it in the store. :p

Well, that'll certainly be different.

Morgan and Dresden still hate each other but they're starting to get along much better now... They haven't tried to kill each other in ages. :p

The new book is called Turn Coat and it's about somebody needing Harry's help to clear his name. Hmmmmm...

Morgan and Dresden still hate each other but they're starting to get along much better now... They haven't tried to kill each other in ages. :p

The new book is called Turn Coat and it's about somebody needing Harry's help to clear his name. Hmmmmm...

I just put "Small Favor," "Turn Coat," "Backup" and "Welcome to the Jungle" in my Amazon shopping cart. Now, I wait for payday.

I just put "Small Favor," "Turn Coat," "Backup" and "Welcome to the Jungle" in my Amazon shopping cart. Now, I wait for payday.
I'm still debating about getting Welcome to the Jungle... let me know what you think about it then.

Well I liked 7 the most so far. I love it when they bring in the White Council.

Finished 7 (Dead Beat) a couple of days ago. When you said "they bring in the White Council." , I thought you meant the Senior Council, not just five Wardens (two strong ones, one medium, and two fledglings).

Mouse is really turning out to be a great dog. :D Really took care of Cassius/Liver Spots. CRUNCH! Go Mouse!!! :D Butters really stepped up to the plate, as well. :)

Regarding Sue, well Harry doesn't do stuff halfway, does he? That was an inspired bit of magic! Damned impressive!

Last edited:
I'm still debating about getting Welcome to the Jungle... let me know what you think about it then.

Welcome to the Jungle and Backup arrived about a week ago, but since I was finishing up Dead Beat (7), I didn't do much more than glance at them. Welcome to the Jungle is going to be a bit of an adjustment for me because it takes place before Storm Front (1) and I'm so much farther down the road, now. Anyway, I'll let you know what I think about it.

Finished 7 (Dead Beat) a couple of days ago. When you said "they bring in the White Council." , I thought you meant the Senior Council, not just five Wardens (two strong ones, one medium, and two fledglings).
Well it was more than they've showed before. :p If it makes you feel better Turn Coat will deal more with the Senior Council. Jim Butcher has 3 (out of 5) chapters up on his website so far and Morgan gets framed for killing one of them. ;)

I think Harry is finally going to come into his power in the next book and officially enter the "Heavy Weight Division." I pity da fool dat messes with Harry Dresden. :p

Here's the link if you want to read those chapters...
http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/11/

Spoiler for for Turn Coat:
Aleron LaFortier goes buh bye.

Mouse is really turning out to be a great dog. :D Really took care of Cassius/Liver Spots. CRUNCH! Go Mouse!!! :D Butters really stepped up to the plate, as well. :)
I didn't like the name "Mouse" at first but it's grown on me.

Butters is a great character... It just adds an extra layer of FUNNY since his doctor is a medical examiner. :p

Spoiler for for Proven Guilty:
Just a heads up... Mouse gets hit by a van in the next book but he's ok. It happened and I almost wanted to stop reading but then a couple chapters later you find out he's still allive. It'll take more than a van to put him down.

Regarding Sue, well Harry doesn't do stuff halfway, does he? That was an inspired bit of magic! Damned impressive!
Yeah... Thanks to Sue that was my favorite book. I was about halfway through that book when somebody started talking to me about that part. They ruined it a little but then it only encouraged me to read faster till I got to that part. "My baby can move." :p

Thanks for hiding those spoilers. I'm going through the books in order, and am just starting "Proven Guilty." Keep hoping Harry gets a proper Warden's sword, soon.

Thanks for hiding those spoilers. I'm going through the books in order, and am just starting "Proven Guilty." Keep hoping Harry gets a proper Warden's sword, soon.

Spoiler for the whole sword thing... :p:
Harry still doesn't have a Warden sword yet... The cover to Turn Coat shows him with a sword but it could be Amoracchius. In White Knight Luccio explains why he still doesn't have one. She used to make them & since her body switch she doesn't think she can make anymore.

Spoiler for the whole sword thing... :p:
Harry still doesn't have a Warden sword yet... The cover to Turn Coat shows him with a sword but it could be Amoracchius. In White Knight Luccio explains why he still doesn't have one. She used to make them & since her body switch she doesn't think she can make anymore.

Had to look at that one.

Luccio should still give it a try. While her body may now be young and, IIRC, a babe, her knowledge is still there.

In Small Favor she finally she got back into the action so hopefully he'll get it in the next book. I don't know how well he'll handle a blade though. :p

In Small Favor she finally she got back into the action so hopefully he'll get it in the next book. I don't know how well he'll handle a blade though. :p

Meaning you don't know how he'll handle it because of his bad hand? {Yes, I know that the hand's getting better, little by little.] Well, he has his sword cane. He's used it in the past.

or

Do you mean you don't know how he'll handle his Warden's duties, e.g. lopping off heads wizards who violate the Laws of Magic?

BTW, my paperback of "Small Favor" arrived in today's mail. Surprised me, because it's 3/4" taller than all of the other Dresden Files paperbacks. MSRP is up, too, US $9.99.

Last edited:
Meaning you don't know how he'll handle it because of his bad hand? {Yes, I know that the hand's getting better, little by little.] Well, he has his sword cane. He's used it in the past.

His hand is getting better & better in each book... I think it's almost completely functional in Small Favor but it's still badly scarred.

I was talking about him actually using a sword. I think he mentioned in one of the recent books that it's not his style... I could be mistaken though. I'm sure he'd use it if he got one though.

or

Do you mean you don't know how he'll handle his Warden's duties, e.g. lopping off heads wizards who violate the Laws of Magic?

They touch on that subject in Proven Guilty. ;)

BTW, my paperback of "Small Favor" arrived in today's mail. Surprised me, because it's 3/4" taller than all of the other Dresden Files paperbacks. MSRP is up, too, US $9.99.
I'll trade you my hard cover for it :p ... I hate hard covers. They need to release paperbacks first, you would think they'd be easier to print but I guess they couldn't charge you 20 bucks then. :p

Turn Coat just replaced book 4 as my favorite Dresden book. It was really, really good, and just from reading it I could get the feel that there will be many more books to come. He stil doesn't get a sword yet though... he has one on the cover but nope... NO SWORD.

Turn Coat just replaced book 4 as my favorite Dresden book. It was really, really good, and just from reading it I could get the feel that there will be many more books to come.

Good. :D

He still doesn't get a sword yet though... he has one on the cover but nope... NO SWORD.

What a tease! :rolleyes:

I got Turn Coat two days ago and you're already done reading it?

His hand is getting better & better in each book... I think it's almost completely functional in Small Favor but it's still badly scarred.

I was talking about him actually using a sword. I think he mentioned in one of the recent books that it's not his style... I could be mistaken though. I'm sure he'd use it if he got one though.

Well, like I said, he's used his sword cane before. He also tried to use Amoracchius that one time (bad idea).

They touch on that subject (how he'll handle his Warden's duties, e.g. lopping off heads wizards who violate the Laws of Magic?) in Proven Guilty. ;)

Yes, that's where I am now.

I'll trade you my hard cover for it :p ... I hate hard covers. They need to release paperbacks first, you would think they'd be easier to print but I guess they couldn't charge you 20 bucks then. :p

OTOH, hardcovers use better paper than paperbacks. Ever notice how quickly some paperback pages yellow and become fragile? Also, the ink used in paperbacks seems to be almost erasable.

I took off work. ;)

And here I thought you just absorbed books like Willow did in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", when she absorbed the knowledge of that pile of "dark magic" books and became dark Willow. ;)

Me, I'm lucky to get a few pages read per day. Too much stuff going on.

Well I spent how many months telling people I was waiting for this book so when it came out I took off & everybody I know had enough good sense to leave me the &^@! alone till I finished it. :p My nephew was a little annoying but I can't blame him for being a kid.

"What are you doing?"
"Reading."

"What are you doing?"
"Reading..."

"What are you doing?"
"READING!"

"What are you doing?"
"READING!!!"

"What are you doing?"
"I'm READING!!!!!"

"WHY?"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :p