• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari

Um... because it's fun? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Sorry. He was just someone I disliked with a passion (yes, he was nearly enough to turn me off B5 for good). Besides, as we don't know what happened to him, I think my speculation is as good as any. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

what bothered you the most about sheridan? Was it the constant "hmm" after someone says something. Is it the mullet?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jnk5y:
<font color=yellow>what bothered you the most about sheridan? Was it the constant "hmm" after someone says something. Is it the mullet?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

What mullet?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_Ranger:
What mullet?<hr></blockquote>
I think it's a kind of fish.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jnk5y:
<font color=yellow>what bothered you the most about sheridan? Was it the constant "hmm" after someone says something. Is it the mullet?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Now, those are two reasons I didn't even consider. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Nah, I don't think I want to make a long list (because it would be long) or start just bashing Sheridan. Call it a gut feeling or something. It was pretty much everything about him. You know, sometimes it can be like that with people even in real life - you just don't like a person.

hypatia, I can't tell if you're joking or not.
In case you weren't, it's a type of haircut that is short on top and long in the back. It is very popular with rednecks, Joe Six Packs, Lynard Skynard fans, and other assorted members of the American population.

Sheridan most certainly does not have a mullet.

What Kribu isn't telling us is that she had a sorted past with Sheridan. He broke her heart, and she is still upset. Poor gal.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>
What Kribu isn't telling us is that she had a sorted past with Sheridan. He broke her heart, and she is still upset. Poor gal.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

No no no no. She LET her heart get broken /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>hypatia, I can't tell if you're joking or not.
In case you weren't, it's a type of haircut that is short on top and long in the back. It is very popular with rednecks, Joe Six Packs, Lynard Skynard fans, and other assorted members of the American population.

Sheridan most certainly does not have a mullet.

What Kribu isn't telling us is that she had a sorted past with Sheridan. He broke her heart, and she is still upset. Poor gal.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I was not joking, I thought only of a fish when I heard mullet! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I assume you mean “sordid” when you say sorted. (Sorry, but I just had to! I'm usually the one with the typos around here. You are stealing my act! Hmmm!)

Kribu and Sheridan with a past, huh? Sounds interesting!
/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Fah!! I'd never give Sheridan a second look, let alone have a sordid past with him!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif
Everyone here should know by now who my heart belongs to. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>Everyone here should know by now who my heart belongs to. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

And my heart belongs to you too , Kribu /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Sorry to see that you have made some bad choices in your life when it comes to men Kribu. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Lennier, I think it most likely that Lorien returned for Sheridan, turned his physical body into energy, and absorbed it and Sheridan's spirit into himself. It is also possible that Lorien could turn Sheridan into an individual with first one status with the help of other first ones. And when he said he could only sustain him for 20 years, he could have meant just his physical body. There are many possibilities that I don't think your analysis successfully rules out.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RW7427:
<font color=yellow>Sorry to see that you have made some bad choices in your life when it comes to men Kribu. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Nope. You're all wrong. It was all just in Sheridan's head. What really happened is that he decided to toke it up one last time. However, he got his doobie from the wrong dealer and got some that was laced with crazy Vorlon stuff that caused him to hallucinate everything.

As for Sheridan's body not showing up...under the influence of unknown drugs, he decided to go for a spacewalk, except he forgot about the whole space suit thing. But that's okay, he was dead anyway.

Unfortunately, a rogue Pakmara discovered Sheridan before the Alliance did, and well...you know.

Not at all, Jade. It does not rule them out, not in the slightest way. It only makes them damn improbable, given that Lorien:

1. Never asked if Sheridan preferred to die or continue.
2. Considered healing him a great strain.
3. Told that he would stop.

There is a small but remarkable difference:

"He will stop, <font color=yellow>but</font color=yellow>..."
"He will stop."

Nobody gave a conclusive answer. Sheridan went to Coriana believing that he would die. My logic goes this way: if the case had been different, it would have been natural for the storyteller to hint of that possibility. Secondly, given that nothing was heard of Sheridan after that (aside from a simulation of his personality, mentioned in Deconstruction) we may assume that he was quite gone. We may of course assume that Lorien somehow took his personality, but a being like Lorien who considered the younger races capable of minding their own business would have asked permission for something like that. Given that nothing like that was neither shown nor implied, we may assume that: A. Sheridan did die or B. Lorien is a Soul Hunter. But in the end, it does not matter, because of everything gone, something remains.

If Sheridan did change and go with the first ones beyond the rim there would be no reason to think that even Deconstruction era humans would have heard anything from him. That was part of the point.

I also believe the question, 'Where are you going?' did come up.

The light seen from outside of the Bluestar at the end of Sheridan's human run and the fact that no body was found seemed like pretty big hints from the storyteller to me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back