• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOTR cast comes here: COOL!

RW7427

Super Moderator
I think it's neat that cast members from LOTR post here. It's cool to be able to hear from you guys and get to know you a bit. As hypatia said, it's neat to trade messages back and forth with people we will be watching on TV when LOTR is shown. A hearty welcome is given to all the cast members
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
from Anla'Mariah'Shok'Na! That's me!
smile.gif
If you want to know more about that, check out the "A Glorious New Salad Bar" thread in the off-topic members lounge. We might seem like a bunch of nuts here, but we are having lots of fun with it!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
I think it's neat that cast members from LOTR post here. It's cool to be able to hear from you guys and get to know you a bit. As hypatia said, it's neat to trade messages back and forth with people we will be watching on TV when LOTR is shown. A hearty welcome is given to all the cast members
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
from Anla'Mariah'Shok'Na! That's me!
smile.gif
If you want to know more about that, check out the "A Glorious New Salad Bar" thread in the off-topic members lounge. We might seem like a bunch of nuts here, but we are having lots of fun with it!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>For more about the Mariah-goddess thing, see the thread "T.T.W.M.S."
in the fandom, fun, and fanfic section!
cool.gif
cool.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

I agree with the above.

I had no idea the Legend cast frequented these... erm... hallowed cyber halls.

I'd like to say welcome, but you guys have probably been members here longer than I have!

But, I think you will understand the sentiment.

I have no idea when/if Australia will get the TV Movie, or the hoped for series... but no doubt it will be out on video eventually. I, and everyone I know, look forward to watching what you all have in store for us.

It's been a long time between drinks, so to speak, and it will be a joy to watch something new from the mind of JMS, and equally wonderful to see new actors create new characters for us all to welcome into the 'family'.

Best of luck, and we hope you enjoy being in the inevitable series as much as many of us will enjoy watching it.

------------------
Faith Manages

Yup it's great we have acters from B5LR here to converse with etc. Just gotta be on our best behaviour
smile.gif

Ah and Welcome Dah'een, may you life be long and green.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Deepest thanks, Dah'een Warrior, Welcome back to the best show in town.
laugh.gif

We're relatively new to b5lr and were put on their trail by The Grand PooBah of Sci-fi himself, JMS. His instructions were," Check them out, their kinda cool. They got stuff on ya."
And there was light and he was right. The place is cool. And damn informative.
Dean
aka: Malcolm "boom boom" Bridges

------------------

Just curious Dean. What is the origin of "Boom boom?"
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Dean, Dean, Dean. Don't you know that "boom boom" must mean two nulear devices going off? Especially after Sheridan!
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Whadidya think it meant? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to go with Hypatia on this one. Sheridan loved those nukes.
laugh.gif

------------------
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.

And then there's the immortal Ivanova line about boom... "No boom today, boom tomorrow. There is always a boom tomorrow." (Sorry if that went wrong, quoting from memory here.)

Yes, boom has a very specific meaning in B5.

laugh.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

Ok. Sheridan used nukes four times throughout the series. I'll put these a spoiler box just in case (highlight to read):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
1) Sheridan nuked the BlackStar, the Minbari's flagship, during the Earth Minbari war about a decade before the first ep of B5. It was the only real victory Earth had during the war. He mined a couple of asteroids and drew the Minbari ship in by pretending to be totally defenseless (which wasn't too far off, they weren't in very good shape anyway).

2) During the end of the shadow war, Sheridan mined some asteroids with nukes AGAIN, in order to get the shadows and Vorlon's attention. The Shadows and the Vorlons ignored all the other lower races when they came to Coriana six. And what do you expect? Those younger races are like ants to them
laugh.gif
).

3) Sheridan used a nuke to destroy the Thirdspace artifact from the movie of the same name.

4) On Z'Ha'Dum, he put 2 nukes on a white star and crashed the White Star into Z'Ha'Dum's capital, effectively drawing the Shadows away from B5 (well, that's not the only reason).

</font></td></tr></table>

Hope that helps. I typed it kinda fast, might've missed a detail here or there.

------------------

Actually, "boom boom" does fit Ivanova perfectly, doesn't it? Wasn't there a time later in the series when she says "boom" and then reapeats it louder "BOOM" ??

I'll try not to scare the B5LR guests anymore! I imagine they will have their own "boom booms" to come here.
shocked.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Thanks for the references folks. Fuel for the fire!

I'm the covert operation, infiltrations guy, so if the series goes and they don't replace me with a monkey, maybe JMS will let me blow up lots of things to give the nick-name more weight!

I remembered the BlackStar incident from "In The Beginning" which I thought was a brilliant openning.

Peter Jurasiks' work on his character Londo blew me away and inspired me.

Andreas Katsulas was completely focused, grounded and believable with great underarm deoderant cuz you never saw him sweat. Like JMS, he mentors without mentoring, if one can use that word in such a way.

It was a pleasure to see his early work. It was unforgetable to do a scene with the man. It wasn't a large scene but I think he spit on me when he talked so I took the sample to a lab to extract his DNA code for eventual cloning.....
laugh.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

On a serious note: Can anyone tell me what episode G'Kar gave his Declaration of Principles? I've read the speech on-line and would love to know the context surrounding it.

Dean

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
On a serious note: Can anyone tell me what episode G'Kar gave his Declaration of Principles? I've read the speech on-line and would love to know the context surrounding it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless I'm completely mistaken, it's No Compromises - 1st episode of Season 5.
smile.gif

Edit note: On second thoughts, it may have been Paragon of Animals instead, which would be episode 3 of season 5.
crazy.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited August 10, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I remembered the BlackStar incident from "In The Beginning" which I thought was a brilliant openning. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the series opening? Technically, ItB didn't air first until season 5 began. ItB reveals a lot about B5, and I don't think it should be watched until the end of S4 or S5 at the earliest.

But you are undeniably right, In the Beginning was just too cool.
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Are you talking about the series opening? Technically, ItB didn't air first until season 5 began. ItB reveals a lot about B5, and I don't think it should be watched until the end of S4 or S5 at the earliest.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately ItB was the crash course for some of us. It was an amazing crash course alright.

Can anyone help Kribu confirm his theory on G'Kar's Declarations?

Dean

edit: Sorry Kribu, you could just as well be a woman, didn't mean to assume..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dean Marshall (edited August 10, 2001).]

Dean, now that I think of it, I'm fairly sure that it was The Paragon of Animals.

But you should watch No Compromises first, to get the context - and to see how Sheridan asks G'Kar to write the thing. It's quite funny.
smile.gif

------------------

Dean, I've met Andreas personally, & I was terrified to meet him because I'm such a fan, & he's such an amazing actor! But Andreas was so nice that I ended up being okay.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

The Declaration of Principles was in 'the Paragon of Animals', third program of Season 5.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
We're relatively new to b5lr and were put on their trail by The Grand PooBah of Sci-fi himself, JMS. His instructions were," Check them out, their kinda cool. They got stuff on ya." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if that means that he's lurked here himself. That would be surprising if he has, because he tends to stay aware from any sites with "story ideas". OTOH, it's possible that he's just looked at the news items on the B5LR front page, without actually visiting the forums.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back