• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOTR cast comes here: COOL!

Thanks Kribu and AndrewSwallow, I'll check it out!
laugh.gif

And Tammy, I thought I'd be nervous as well. He made it easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I wonder if that means that he's lurked here himself. That would be surprising if he has, because he tends to stay aware from any sites with "story ideas". OTOH, it's possible that he's just looked at the news items on the B5LR front page, without actually visiting the forums.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are one. He's out here like the rest of us. He just doesn't have as much time on his hands. Of course, that's an assumption based in fiction....pure spec..

Dean

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
"No boom?"
"No boom."
"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here. Boom, sooner or later. BOOM!"

Garibaldi, Sinclair, and Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Grail"

"Ambassador. Do you really want to know what's going on down there right now?"
"Yes, absolutely."
"Boom. Boom, boom, boom. Boom, boom. BOOM! Have a nice day."

Ivanova and Londo in Babylon 5:"A Voice in the Wilderness #2"

"As long as the trigger keeps transmitting, no boom."

Robert J. Carlson to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

"So the next time we find out where the Shadows plan to strike, we can mine the area, and as soon as they come out of hyperspace .."
"Then, as you so concisely say, boom."

Ivanova and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Z'ha'dum" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, for what it's worth, the distress call Sheridan sent out that lured in the Black Star was Real.
The engines were disabled.
Even if the Minbari didn't find them, the asteroids would batter the ship into scrap sooner or later.

And, the Minbari were in the habit of destroying any damaged ship they found. They didn't take prisoners.

So, they mined the asteroids and sent the distress call. Because they were dead either way. But, the bombs gave them a chance to destroy the Minbari and still be alive when the rescue ships arrived.

It worked.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
And then there's the immortal Ivanova line about boom... "No boom today, boom tomorrow. There is always a boom tomorrow." (Sorry if that went wrong, quoting from memory here.)

Yes, boom has a very specific meaning in B5.

laugh.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Kribu, is correct, and so is hypatia. The word "boom" and booms themselves do play a rather significant part in B5, so pardon us Dave if we seem a little funny on that. Say a word like "boom" and most of us think those things, like Ivanova's line and Sheridan dropping nukes on Z'Ha'dum!
smile.gif
I guess we fans here are just a little B5 crazy!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

Just A little Crazy?!!! Yeah right!!! Try about totally crazy!!!
laugh.gif
Myself included!!
laugh.gif

------------------
I'll tell them that we're declaring war on earth. That'll give them something positive to think about." Delenn-The Ragged Edge

Oh, and Mundanes and school Suck.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Dean, Dean, Dean. Don't you know that "boom boom" must mean two nulear devices going off? Especially after Sheridan! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me more! I've been playing catch up as well and have seen about 20 episodes completely out of sequence on the Space station.

Did he drop a couple on enemy forces or was this when he out-smarted the Minbari with the "broken wing trick" and blew up one of their flag ships?

Enquiring cast want to know!

Dean

------------------

Spoilers ahead... won't bother with the box this time.
One was indeed the time he blew up the Black Star, earning the nickname Starkiller.
Two - he took a couple of nukes to Z'ha'Dum with him and blew up the Shadow city/base, together with his darling wife Anna, a nice man called Justin who offered him tea and biscuits, and a number of the Shadows.
Three - he took a nuke and blew up a gate to another dimension in the movie
Thirdspace, together with a number of enemy ships.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
Tell me more! I've been playing catch up as well and have seen about 20 episodes completely out of sequence on the Space station.

Did he drop a couple on enemy forces or was this when he out-smarted the Minbari with the "broken wing trick" and blew up one of their flag ships?

Enquiring cast want to know!

Dean

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dean, I shall do my best.

During the Earth-Minbari war, 10 years before B5 takes place, the only decisive victory for Earth was when John Sheridan sent out a distress signal to lure the Minbari flagship into an asteroid field. The Minbari thought they were going to get an easy kill. Sheridan had placed some fusion bombs on the asteroids, resulting in the destruction of the ship. Boom.

At the end of season 3, Sheridan went to Z'ha Dum, the Shadows' homeworld, on a Whitestar with his ex-wife who had become a Shadow flunky. Un-be-knownst to her and anyone else, he took two nuclear warheads with him. Pursued by Shadows in one of the planet's mahor cities and trapped between his enemies and a cliff, he sent a command to the Whitestar, with nukes and all, to crash on top of him before jumping to his death. Boom.

Johny Sheridan likes to blow shit up.

The word 'boom' itself comes from a popular line from Ivanova. "Boom. There's always a boom. No boom today, boom tomorrow." Or something like that.

See, now I spared you the effort and time of watching the show.

smile.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

One interesting thing about the Ivanova quote, I don't recall if it's the boom boom or the no boom today one, is that it came from listening to something CC said at lunch. She had been talking about a question she asked her parents about the timing of her, uhhh, development and that was the answer she got. If you watch the scene take notice of her hands and how she animates the booms to get a good laugh. They're cupped towards her and fly away from her chest.

So be forewarned that anything you say within earshot of JMS could very well end up in a script.

The one boom quote came from the season one two parter, A Voice in the Wilderness. When Ivanova is asked whats happening on the planet below and she gives the answer boom, boom, boom-boom.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
edit: Sorry Kribu, you could just as well be a woman, didn't mean to assume..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL.

Didn't even notice it at first, but your edit assumption is the correct one. Hence the pic of a *female* Narn.
laugh.gif

------------------

Originally postaed by Dean Marshall
-----------------------
"boom boom"
Whadidya think it meant?
Dean
------------------------

I thought you were saying you want to be like the Legendary Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington. Welcome back, welcome back........ n/m

also Kribu likes fresh spoo, but don't hold it against her. Hold some aged spoo against her, that'll make her your friend for life!!!

BTW, just in case you aren't sure, Spoo is a Centauri delicacy. The proper serving suggestion varies from aged to fresh(
mad.gif
:mad
smile.gif

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambassador
to Babylon 5 from The People's Republic of Haven.

"Grandpa, there's only 49 stars on this Flag."
"I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missoura."
- Marge & Grandpa

If you go to http://pub79.ezboard.com/fbabylon5thelegendoftherangersfrm8 you can post at my board. :)

Don't listen to the Grand Admiral Thrawn. Aged spoo is for wussies. Fresh is the only way to eat it. Other than that, though, Thrawn's pretty decent, so don't hold his misconceptions about spoo against him.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrawn:
BTW, just in case you aren't sure, Spoo is a Centauri delicacy. The proper serving suggestion varies from aged to fresh<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Narn and Centauri both love spoo. The Narn like it aged and the Centauri like it fresh (at least I think thats how it is lol).
smile.gif

it could be the other way around though.
tongue.gif

------------------
Noone here is exactly what he appears.
Babylon 5
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

I think you got it backwards Mody. Centauri like it aged and Narns like it fresh.

But, since there is only one way to serve it, fresh, there isn't much point in arguing, now, is there?

------------------
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.

Spoo got color? Taste? Texture? Is it seasonal? Good with red or white wine? Is it stinky? Just the facts folks but feel free to embellish.
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Didn't even notice it at first, but your edit assumption is the correct one. Hence the pic of a *female* Narn. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny, Kribu!
laugh.gif
You're a damn sexy Narn too!
wink.gif
cool.gif
There of course is another damn sexy Narn in the upcoming movie. I think she could kick 7 of 9's ass.

Jennie Rebecca Hogan who plays Na'feel is our Narn and is a supercool person to be around. She's got grit. And back. Butyoudidn'thearthatfromme...

"boom boom"

ps:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I thought you were saying you want to be like the Legendary Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington. Welcome back, welcome back........ n/m <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn straight, he was deffinaltly a righteous brother!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Spoo got color? Taste? Texture? Is it seasonal? Good with red or white wine? Is it stinky? Just the facts folks but feel free to embellish. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoo is a Centauri delicacy made from small sighing worms. It's normally white and kinda reminds me of Jello, not sure about the thickness or texture though. Don't think it smells, but humans don't seem to like it much, as seen in S5 ep A View From the Gallery.

As for the wine, I'd have to say Red. Just because.
cool.gif

And as for taste, well, it tastes like chicken.
laugh.gif

And others could probably tell you more details about it, but I'm kinda limited in resources.

------------------

We had the "Spoo" discussion on another board, and I think someone found a quote where JMS described spoo as tasting like "meat jello".
shocked.gif

All in all, I stick with the Narn dish (breen, not G'kar. I wouldn't want to look around every corner for Kribu...)

Closest Earth equivalent of Breen is Swedish meatballs.

Just don't ask me to meet you for lunch at McBari's...

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

Yes, spoo is/are small sighing worms, grown on special spoo ranches. And I don't think it's a Centauri delicacy... it seems to be more of an inter-galactic thing.

And it must be eaten fresh, as anyone knows. Apart from Thrawn here and the Centauri, who simply cannot stomach it fresh and therefore eat it aged (can you imagine eating aged worms? Yuck!)
crazy.gif

As for other galactic foods one should know about: spoo and breen are a given, but try and stay away from flarn. If it's the Minbari preparing it, you'll die of hunger before they get it done, if it's Sheridan preparing it...
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>That's funny, Kribu! You're a damn sexy Narn too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why, thank you. <blushes> Although that honour must go to Julie Caitlin Brown, the original kick-ass Na'Toth.
wink.gif

------------------

Ok, spoo=worms, breen=swedish meatballs
Flarn=?

I've seen other message boards where people seem to be vitually throwing it at each other. To me, Flarn already sounds like spinach. What do we really have here?

"boom boom"

------------------

Dean, Flarn is a Minbari food that looks like tofu. I read somewhere that Minbari food is very spicy because of their taste buds, but I don't know if that's "canon."

I started a thread either in FanFic or Off Topic about trying to figure out which B5 foods could be kosher (I know, it's stupid). People broke down the nature of all the foods there, so it's a good source of info, or at least our info.
smile.gif

People generally accept that Flarn is some sort of vegatable, or combination of vegetables.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Ok, spoo=worms, breen=swedish meatballs
Flarn=?

I've seen other message boards where people seem to be vitually throwing it at each other. To me, Flarn already sounds like spinach. What do we really have here?

"boom boom"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no, you've seen one of the flarn fight threads. (Hypatia hangs her head in shame.)
blush.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back