• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I like it!

Belive me, I'm fretting over this design as I think it's inadequate. :) And it is.
Ok here is my feedback, but its just on the Forums, not the site itself (since we really cant see the whole site yet).

1) This forum setup is one of the coolest I have ever seen. I really like the way its set up, and it looks extremely professional, and a definate fit for a Sci-Fi site.

2) My only complaint with it, is the yellow books that show up for every thread. I dont know if its the contrast of the COLOR yellow, or if its the size of the books themselves, or if its the fact that they are the same for new threads and old threads alike, but I dont like them. They seem to stick out quite a bit and draw a lot of attention to themselves.

3) I LOVE how threads when new posts since last visit are highlighted across with a different shade than threads that you have read already. Very cool new feature!

My only complaint with it, is the yellow books that show up for every thread.

Ahh. You'll be pleased to know that they'll be changing. :D They're a holdover from the standard design.

:D Now this looks nice.
Hmm yeah I think I will increase my fontsize abit.

Could someone tell me how to do that? I admit, the first thing I thought was: oh, no the print size is too small. I looked around in My Home Display Pref.s but I didn't see "font size" in there.

I like how not just the last poster is named but also the last thread posted to. :D

And in case you hadn't noticed, I LOVE the reply with quotes thing. Glad you brought it back, Ant. :cool:

The standard font size will be upped.

If you manually alter it in Mozilla or whatever, it'll break the formattting of many things.

Could someone tell me how to do that? I admit, the first thing I thought was: oh, no the print size is too small. I looked around in My Home Display Pref.s but I didn't see "font size" in there.
A larger size option may come soon. Until then... hm, in IE the font size seems to be quite unchangeable at this site but in Mozilla, you can change it quite easily. Other than that - changing desktop resolution might help but that's a bit of a hassle, really.

A larger size option may come soon. Until then... hm, in IE the font size seems to be quite unchangeable at this site but in Mozilla, you can change it quite easily. Other than that - changing desktop resolution might help but that's a bit of a hassle, really.

He he he, that was fun. This will be a quote box inside of a quote box inside of a quote box. :LOL:

Antony and Kribu: thanks, I'll wait. I do appreciate your thinking about us old, half-blind senior citizens with our canes. ;) :D

Now the whole bar is highlighted... check it out next time you're in a forum with new posts. There's so many new colours at the moment, I don't blame you for not noticing. But it is different.

Oh yes, I saw that later, but being a bit unobservant, the red flag was a bit easier for me to notice :D

And the new yellow thingys looks good too.
:D
Yeah it does not work on da Exploder, Mozilla seems to do the trick.

You know, I had not really even noticed. The new site came up the morning I took off for my short vactaion in Phoenix. But now that you mention it, yes it does seem to load faster than it did before.

How'd the infamous Garden Gnome encounter go, Antony? :devil:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back