• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'Scare Tactics' Gets (additional) 9-Episode Order

KoshN

Super Moderator
\'Scare Tactics\' Gets (additional) 9-Episode Order

'Scare Tactics' Gets Nine-Episode Order

--- In sftvnews@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Ford Sullivan" <bfs@t...>
wrote:
> Taken from Electronic Media:
>
> 'Scare Tactics' Gets Nine-Episode Order: "Scare Tactics," the weekly
> half-hour hidden-camera-prank show starring Shannen Doherty, has
> received an additional nine-episode order from Sci-Fi Channel.
>
> The series stages stunts such as mock alien encounters and haunted-
> house baby-sitting capers, and has garnered a lawsuit from one
> disgruntled unwitting victim. The new episodes premiere June 20.

<blue streak of swear words>, the crapfest never ends! :mad:

Re: \'Scare Tactics\' Gets (additional) 9-Episode Order

WTF!?!

What happened to the whole "Scare Tactics isn't achieving the audience we expected..." SciFi press release?

$10 says that the next 9 episodes take Scare Tactics in a "new direction" which largely involves Shannen Doherty in less and less clothing...

WTF!?!

What happened to the whole "Scare Tactics isn't achieving the audience we expected..." SciFi press release?

Got a URL and/or article title for that, or are you reading that into something Bonnie said (wishful thinking :devil: )?

$10 says that the next 9 episodes take Scare Tactics in a "new direction" which largely involves Shannen Doherty in less and less clothing...

That'd be a slight improvement.

*Curls up into a ball and starts banging head aginst the wall* WILL THIS NIGHTMARE NEVER END!!!

Compared to Tremors, Scare Tactics is Masterpiece Theater.

Compared to Tremors, Scare Tactics is Masterpiece Theater.

If Scare Tactics is the bottom of the barrel, what's that make Tremors: The Series, the scum under the barrel?

Actually, I consider them equally bad. They're just bad in different ways. :devil:

Got a URL and/or article title for that, or are you reading that into something Bonnie said (wishful thinking :devil: )?

I made a mistake, it wasn't an article, but it was a BBS post from a SciFi employee. You can check out the original thread where we discussed it here.

Basically, I thought that was that, but now... :mad:

I made a mistake, it wasn't an article, but it was a BBS post from a SciFi employee. You can check out the original thread where we discussed it here.

Basically, I thought that was that, but now... :mad:

Evidently that's a lower level employee who didn't know which way the wind was blowing for Bonnie.

That's nine episodes I won't be watching. Makes me wonder what Shannon Doherty has on Bonnie? :devil:

Re: \'Scare Tactics\' Gets (additional) 9-Episode Or

That's nine episodes I won't be watching. Makes me wonder what Shannon Doherty has on Bonnie? :devil:

Probably the fact that her show costs about $5 an episode to produce and can be ready to air in a big hurry (compared to other types of shows).

Who cares. Shannon Dourghty is kinda hot now. In fact Id say she is down right smokin. I used to think she was NASTY in her 90210 days...

Who cares. Shannon Dourghty is kinda hot now. In fact Id say she is down right smokin. I used to think she was NASTY in her 90210 days...

Finally, another voice of reason... As long as Shannon Dourghty contines to shake what god gave her this show will never suck completely. If they got rid of the whole pratical joke schtick, added a big ass bed, a live phone-in segment, and a game show segment where the winner gets to get it on with Ms. Dourghty, then it could be the highest rated show on this crappy channel.... and some more revealing clothing wouldn't hurt either.

Exactly.

I mean look people. I like intelligent TV more than most people do. I am a Babylon 5 fan after all right? But NEVER underestimate a mans need for smut. I dont have to think. I dont have to analyze. I dont have to discover a hidden plot. I can just sit and look at a smokin chick fuck with people's minds. What, I ask you, is wrong with that? :)

Perhaps the lawsuit has made it into an "edgy" show. Remember: If you can attach a tagline of some sort to a show, it's worth keeping around for awhile. Well, at least until the dead horse attracts a few too many flies. Then it's time to chuck it in the woods at the edge of town where, hopefully, no one will ever find it again.

Exactly.

I mean look people. I like intelligent TV more than most people do. I am a Babylon 5 fan after all right? But NEVER underestimate a mans need for smut. I dont have to think. I dont have to analyze. I dont have to discover a hidden plot. I can just sit and look at a smokin chick fuck with people's minds. What, I ask you, is wrong with that? :)

Hey, I understand that. ;) It's part of the reason I watch Enterprise. :devil: The other reasons are Phlox, the FX, and the occasional, exceptional guest star (Andreas, the guy who played the bounty hunter, etc.). The difference is that with Enterprise, I somewhat like the basic concept (a Trek show on a ship). In contrast, Scare Tactics drives me away. I greatly dislike the Scare Tactics concept, and parts of it look painfully cheap and fake. Add that up and you get BAD.

Idea for a Watchable Shannen Doherty Sci-Fi Channel show:
<ul type="square">
[*] A game show, with Shannen and three attractive female contestants. Shannen asks sci-fi, fantasy, horror questions from the pop culture (not from literature which these people have probably never read), and with each correct answer, Shannen takes something off, and the contestents get money. With each incorrect answer, the contestant who answered incorrectly, takes something off. Naturally, since this is not the Playboy channel, various body parts would have to be digitally disguised like on the Howard Stern show. There would also have to be a version for the girls (with some guy host and guy contestants).
[/list]

I'd watch that Shannen Doherty show. :D

I'm sick of shows like this and other reality shows. We're getting flooded by them as TV execs are saying 'give us something cheap, but will make us lots of money'. I'm watching less TV because I'm being bombarded with reality shows, or at least commericals for them. Pity I don't have a ratings box to actually make a difference to all this crap!

I'm sick of shows like this and other reality shows. We're getting flooded by them as TV execs are saying 'give us something cheap, but will make us lots of money'.

Speak of the devil, look here and tell me how many times you see "reality show."
Summer 2003 Grid

I'm watching less TV because I'm being bombarded with reality shows, or at least commericals for them. Pity I don't have a ratings box to actually make a difference to all this crap!

Same here!

I think I've finally become desensitized to reality TV. I think most of us here have seen my various rambling tirades against this horrific genre of television, but lately I seem to be..... not caring as much. I've simply gotten used to them. I don't WATCH them, and I'll never WANT to, but I just don't feel like making attempts to physically scar executives if I run across them for these dumb decisions being made to seemingly flood us with reality TV anymore.

Although, my ire is now turned towards those popup ads. Some of you have been quite vocal about those before, but I've never REALLY been annoyed by them until a few weeks ago when one popped up while I was watching Law & Order and I suddenly thought, "..... F*CK." They DO seem to be evolving at a high rate. Much like the organisms in Evolution! Alas, there is no wise cracking David Duchovny or Orlando Jones standing around to make remarks about them. It's a shame, really.

Re: \'Scare Tactics\' Gets (additional) 9-Episode Or

Ughh, they have this and forget Rangers?

I can just sit and look at a smokin chick fuck with people's minds. What, I ask you, is wrong with that? :)

Yep...i agree.... :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back