• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Why no male nudity?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Ah, but for some reason I also get to see female full frontal and posterior nudity a lot more than male...
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there can never be too much of that (female full frontal and posterior nudity
laugh.gif
) unless it's of Roseanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell (in which case, ANY nudity is far, far too much).
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Besides, breasts and male chests aren't quite the same thing.
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, think we could probably dig up a shot of Ted Kennedy on the beach, that would disprove that.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Well, think we could probably dig up a shot of Ted Kennedy on the beach, that would disprove that.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine, I'll modify my earlier statement to "fit, muscular male chests".
laugh.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

I can't go out, or to bed, anymore. I miss discussions like this...
wink.gif

As a straight woman, there's just something great about a guy with a solid body. We don't even have to go below the belt to appreciate it. (Actually, it's preferable to stay above and, um, around).

I agree, Ben Browder DOES look good in Farscape.

As for Jeremiah's marketing, yeah, I've noticed the skew towards targeting the male market. But that's entirely normal, especially in science fiction.

I must be a guy or something, because I can't wait for this damned show.
smile.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

*giggles at Channe*

I have to agree with every word in your last post. I seem to miss great discussions while sleeping or eating too.
wink.gif

Most aspects of the male body are nice to look at as long as they are fit (toned and not bodybuilder types). There are a few good looking pen!s' around but for the most part, they are just u-g-l-y. Everything else is game ... especially the @$$! *drools*

*checks herself* Yeah, I guess I must be a man in a woman's body too!
lol.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited February 23, 2002).]

i just wanted to post in order to emphasize the "glimpse" part of my first post in this thread.

additionally, you will see MJW toweling off after a shower, but only from the waist up. that comes in episode 104 The Touch..
-di doctor-

------------------

*flexes for the ladies in the forum*

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
*looks at Recoil*

'Scuse me, dearie, you're blocking my view of Luke.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfffft. Please. I bury Luke in the sand.
tongue.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Personally, I think it's all relative.

For example, how many times have we seen on TV some poor fellow have a heart attack? Medical entities invariably arrive; rip the poor man's shirt and undershirt to shreds; and try to shock his heart back into a regular rhythm with those electric paddle thingys. Somtimes, after watching the man's chest wiggle violently, the patient survives!

That's all well and good, but how many times have we seen a woman fall down on the sidewalk, and have the medics come over and rip her blouse off and make her chest wiggle violently? It's as if women don't have heart disease at all!

smile.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
lol.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
lol.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
lol.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mondo Londo:
...but how many times have we seen a woman fall down on the sidewalk, and have the medics come over and rip her blouse off and make her chest wiggle violently? It's as if women don't have heart disease at all!

smile.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
lol.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
lol.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the way you think.
laugh.gif

Closest I can recall is the scene in The Abyss, where they revive Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (Lindsey Brigman).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I'm always annoyed when I see someone use those paddles on tv, but not because their not ripping women's shirts open(just hadn't thought of it before) but because they are inevitably used wrong. They are not used to restart someone's heart but to momentarily stop one that is beating irregularly so that it can regain a normal rythm when it restarts on its own.

Maybe I could overlook this more easily if it was being done to an attractive woman.
wink.gif

------------------
"I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." -Mr. Burns in "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part Two"

Sorry I've got far too much time on my hands and I'm pulling up all sorts of daft stuff :)
What the problem is with male nudity I have no idea.TV stations seem to be afraid of it.Anyone thinking that women don't oogle men as much(ok nearly as much :D)as men do women obviously don't know women very well.However I do think it is sad that we're all expected to have the body of a greek god.We are people too you know :LOL:

Well I'm a straight male who would let women(and Markus)oogle away to their hearts content if they gave me control of the world.
I would also ban mime artists,they should learn the words :LOL:

But there was male nudity in Jeremiah. First scene, wasn't it, where Jeremiah dives into the river?

I'm all for more male nudity. Fortunately I like arms and shoulders and chests which are shown much more often than other pieces/parts.

Jan

First scene, wasn't it, where Jeremiah dives into the river?

I only saw it once or twice years ago, but I think there was a shot of Luke Perry's butt. I don't think I ever got around to seeing any episodes after the first one, so I don't know about after that.

There should be laws against reviving threads this old :rolleyes: :D .. at least no posts from me in it. That would have been disturbing. I *hate* seeing posts of mine that are older than a few days. It's like hearing my own voice on a recording :D

And a person I'd want to insult in this thread hasn't posted for 4 years - gah! ;)

If Jerimiah is really going to take advantage of it's "free and easy" cable status, then why no MALE nudity?

Since this thread was reveived, and since I never posted in it originally, allow me to enter my opinion. I would refer you all to a quote from Seinfeld, from the character Elaine:

"The female body is a thing of beauty. A work of art. The male form is utilitarian...its for gettin' around"

Hence, no male nudity. :)

Back