• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

y won't SF pick up RED DRAWF?

sassy

Regular
y won\'t SF pick up RED DRAWF?

I love red drawf..i love it love it!

but WHY!! its on bbc america but i can't afford $100 a month for tv cable...why can't it be on SCI FI!!

Re: y won\'t SF pick up RED DRAWF?

but WHY!! its on bbc america but i can't afford $100 a month for tv cable...why can't it be on SCI FI!!

For that very reason. It's on BBC and BBCAmerica. And if you're really lucky, you'll find it on a local PBS station on rare occasion.

Best bet is to find someone who's got it on tape, or the newly released DVD's. ;)

Rommie ;)

My PBS station has never aired it, & satellite TV is too expensive so I don't have BBC America. I am watching the DVDs, though. Great show! I really like Lister. :)

Tammy

Because The Sci-Fi Channel (US) has no taste, and no brain. :rolleyes:

It\'s actually spelled RED DWARF

And since it's actually very funny and doesn't look cheesy, the new improved SciFi doesn't know what to make of it.

Because The Sci-Fi Channel (US) has no taste, and no brain. :rolleyes:

That Too. ;)

Rommie ;)

There are too few episodes for the SCI FI to make anything of it. Bear in mind a "season" here is 6 episodes.

there were lots of RD eps i thought...and gesh..if they can replay ST nine million times...RD should be ON THE LIST>

there were lots of RD eps i thought...and gesh..if they can replay ST nine million times...RD should be ON THE LIST>

Series I and II were both 6 episodes long. Series III-VIII were 8 episodes long. Barely any episodes at all, compared to Star Trek.

Rommie ;)

If Sci-Fi can run Crusade from time to time with 13 episodes, they could run Red Dwarf with 36. The problem, as pointed out before everybody got into knee-jerk Sci-Fi bashing, is that BBC America already has the exclusive cable rights to the show. Sci-Fi could no more run Red Dwarf than F/X could run Babylon 5. (Or Sci-Fi run ST:TNG, for that matter.)

Part of what limits SFC is what they can get. Somehow I don't think they'd be "de-emphasizing" outer space quite so much if they'd been able to out-bid TNN for the Trek series reruns. Instead they would have build their channel around Trek as the centerpiece. Given that TNN had deeper pockets, they've had to try to find another "identity" for the network.

And Sass, quit yer whinin'. :) I don't even get the Sci-Fi Channel anymore, much less BBC America. They aren't even options on my cable system. (BTW, why in the world would it cost you "$100 a month" to get BBC-A? Cut the cable, girl, and buy a satellite dish. I was getting over 100 channels, plus local stations, for under $50 a month with Direct TV, and had fewer reception problems with it in three years than I've had with Adelphia cable in three months.)

Regards,

Joe

I don't even get the Sci-Fi Channel anymore
Yeah, neither do I ... I get something with those letters in their name but it has so little actual "sci-fi" I can't call it that channel. :D

joe, i will NEVER quit my whining! ;)

and yea i know its all about rights..but still

why doesn't sci fi just take the SCI out of their name?

no way would i ever get a satalite. and i have cable internet too.

BBC America? I didn't realise the Beeb had there own American channel.

Well, that's my new bit of knowledge of the day :)

And Sass, quit yer whinin'. :)

Joe, you don't happen to watch "Mail Call" (on The History Channel), do you?

"Quit yer whinin', maggot!"

Love that show! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Because it's a "space/aliens theme" and because it would get good ratings. :D

*ba-dum-bum*

So far I've only managed to catch a small handfull of episodes.... maybe 2, but I've read the two novels! And I really want the DVDs. Perhaps this weekend... :D

joe, i will NEVER quit my whining! ;)

and yea i know its all about rights..but still

why doesn't sci fi just take the SCI out of their name?

no way would i ever get a satalite. and i have cable internet too.

LISTER: Why do women always leave me for total smegheads? Why do they dump me for men who wear turtleneck sweaters and smoke a pipe? I mean, natural yoghurt eaters! Reliable, sensible, dependable, and lots of other words that end in "-ible." He's obsessed with house-prices, and spends half his life in antique fairs looking for bargains and drinking whine. It's never beer, is it, it's always whine! "What do you want on your cornflakes, darling?" "Oh, I'll have some whine, please!" Smeg!

:D

Rommie ;)

I think I saw the majority of Red Dwarf that my PBS station showed.

What was the actual last episode of Red Dwarf, anyway?

I think I saw the majority of Red Dwarf that my PBS station showed.

What was the actual last episode of Red Dwarf, anyway?

That would be Series VIII's 'Only The Good'

The End?

The Smeg It Is!

The final words we saw. But the RD movie is in developement. Still too early to tell whether it will pick up from the end of the series, or whats going to happen. :)

Rommie ;)

The last thing I saw on Red Dwarf was Rimmer running around in a fogged-up corridor. They had a season or so after that, didn't they?

And others have told me that the rumored RD movie may be just that. Will they ever actually film it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back