• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Will the real JoeDM please stand up

Well I've been away for a while so I've got a few questions:
SiL was filmed 4th season, but jms said he left it sitting around in the Avid. Does that mean the cgi was done at the end of season 5?
Should I buy the R1 or R2 version, we get multi zone players here. Each version seems to have its flaws.
Does the cgi in ItB DVD look grainy? Frankly, I'm not bothered about the S1 cgi. What really matters is that episodes like Endgame don't come out looking low res. Seeing as ItB was produced just after that, it should be a good test of how S3 and S4 are going to look.

Is there no soap in Middle-Earth for Aragorn to wash his hands?
Was Arwen wearing anything under THAT dress?

I've come to find that while all the complaints of the R1 DVDs are valid, the fact remains that this is the best Bab-5 has ever looked with the possible exception of the Laserdisc version in certain frames here are there. While there is artifacting in ItB, it really isn't all that bad - and I'm watching on a 57" 16x9 screen. You see it if you intentionally look for it.

Of course, this is just my opinion, and my vision may have been blurred. ;-)

All the best,

-Tim

The thing that bothers me the most now is all the scratches. I was watching "And the Sky Full of Stars" last night and man, scratches were all over the place, white vertical scratches and white horizontal scratches. ARGH!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Individually, none of them (except possibly the horizontal one over Benson's neck) was as bad as the Talia one I posted (from "Midnight on the Firing Line"), but there sure were a lot of them.

It really pisses me off /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif when somebody isn't careful with my favorite TV show of all time. Damn!

Liv Tyler has been quoted as saying that there was indeed absolutely nothing under that dress.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back