• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

count down to SG1 season premere

sassy

Regular
I really wanna see the special thingy b4 the premere..whats it called?

I am totally psyched. i really enjoy McGuyver asking Sam how to fix something instead of HIM knowing how to fix something with C4. I know he really is JACK but I always see McGuyver. and I like daniel. Jonas I dunno..his character hasn't really developed.

and the whole "SAM & JACK" love scenes. BARF!!

anyway...

This is gonna be good, especially since Jackson's coming back to the team. I liked Jonas, but he just couldn't replace Jackson. Then again, you have to remember that Jonas was only in SG-1 for a single season, while Jackson was there for the first 5 seasons. But still!

And does anyone else question Sci-Fi's decision to air this all next Friday? I'm not particulary superstitious, but isn't putting this all on Friday the 13th a bit... odd? :D

This is gonna be good, especially since Jackson's coming back to the team. I liked Jonas, but he just couldn't replace Jackson. Then again, you have to remember that Jonas was only in SG-1 for a single season, while Jackson was there for the first 5 seasons. But still!

And does anyone else question Sci-Fi's decision to air this all next Friday? I'm not particulary superstitious, but isn't putting this all on Friday the 13th a bit... odd? :D

After rewatching my (commercial free) tapes of Season 6 this past week it was pretty clear to me that Corin Nemec's character, Jonas Quinn, while okay, couldn't quite fill the void left by Michael Shanks' character, Daniel Jackson. As you suggested, this may be because Shanks had five years for his charactor to develop while Nemec had only the introductory episode at the end of Season 5 and Season 6 to devlop the Jonas Quinn character. My own opinion is Daniel Jackson was/is a dreamer, do-gooder, seeker of knowledge, sure of himself and who was/is willing to stand up to Col. O'Neill. Jonas Quinn comes across (to me) as, while having special abilities, is unsure of himself and unwilling to stand his ground, thus not quite bfitting in with what I had come to expect for this part of the team.

This said, I agree Season 7 will be great.

As for Friday the 13th, may be a good omen. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Although I like Daniel, he really went through the motions in many of the S5 eps, and so it did not bother me to see him go. His appearances in Season 6 were really good, but I liked Jonas and thought he brought some good elements to the team. He also wasn't prone to do monumentally stupid things like Daniel did in the season finale. Daniel's dialogues with Jack were great, but I was really appreciating the Jonas/Teal'c and Jonas/Sam moments in the last season.

Jonas was not meant to take Daniel's place nor fill his void. He was a completely different person who had a few similar characteristics to Daniel. And his abilities would have been something really interesting to explore.

If Daniel can show the energy he showed at the beginning of the series, I will be happy enough. But I do hope they can fit Jonas into more than just a couple of eps or at least pull him into the spinoff, because he was a good character who deserves the chance to develop.

SmG

Back