• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Products inspired by B5

Za_Ha_Dum

Regular
Hi everybody.... A long time without posting any thread.....So I have a new one.....

We can see many tributes and mentions during B5 episodes about other shows (such as Deep Space 9), authors (such as Lord of the Rings), etc.....

But have you ever seen a product inspired by b5? I have not seen since last month during a trip I took. For the first time, I believe I´ve seen a product that his (her) creator must be a B5 fan. Check link below:

www.thierrymugler.com

Look for the product (perfum), named ALIEN. Check the bottle design. What do you think?

Please Joe DeMartino, I have no access to JMS group of discussion (where JMS answer fan´s questions), could you please ask him about whether he know anything about the above perfum bottle design?

Take care....

I couldn't find what you were speaking of. I tried a couple links, but, site is so slow to load I gave up. What link is it under? Can you provide a direct link or simply capture the pic?

I can picture some alien running around on B5 with an outfit like that one Beyonce was wearing. :LOL:

Img-CALI2-TM-30-XX-XX_1.jpg

It does make you think of a Vorlon, especially as the name is "Alien" and the font is very Vorlon-esque.

Bester,

Thanks to paste the picture in this thread.

When I looked for the first time, immediatelly came KOSH 2 in my mind. Figure: the name is ALIEN, the colour is purple.... Besides, even though the picture is correct, somehow the angle taken misses some parts. Take the opportunity to have one in your hand.

Take care,

Cadu
Za_Ha_Dum

It does make you think of a Vorlon, especially as the name is "Alien" and the font is very Vorlon-esque.

You're right about the font, but the shape and color of the bottle remind me more of Battlestar Galactica (1978) and the cylons that were always hanging around Baltar (the head cylons, not the centurions).

...and damn you for making me recall that. ;) "Lyta Alexander, mindwipe of distastful BSG (1978) needed. Paging Lyta Alexander." :wtf:

You're right about the font, but the shape and color of the bottle remind me more of Battlestar Galactica (1978) and the cylons that were always hanging around Baltar (the head cylons, not the centurions).

...and damn you for making me recall that. ;) "Lyta Alexander, mindwipe of distastful BSG (1978) needed. Paging Lyta Alexander." :wtf:

LOL, yup, I thought it looked like a combination of the Cylons and Vorlons.

A little detail about the picture posted.

The picture is the BACK of the bottle.

Whenever you have a chance try to have in your hands that perfum. I agree that the head is not quite vorlon (I also think is similar to a Cylon), but the body is pretty similar.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back