• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Does anyone know the S5 R2 Release date?!?!

B5Suomi

Hi everybody!
Does anyone know the S5 R2 Release date?!?!
I dying here!!! I've watched season 4 about five times already! :p This is learing patience at best!

"If you fall of a mountain, you might as well try to fly"

Matti Parojarvi
mparojarvi@hotmail.com

I think that S5 R2 release would be near christmas.. So, B5 movie box is coming out in R1 area before we even get S5 here... Anyway, S5 will be my last R2 B5 purchase, after that I will be R1 whore. :eek:

In the great R2 tradition, probably ages.

Looks like we're getting movies first anyway.

And the movie box us R2 people are getting only has three movies, when the R1 box set has'em all. We're propably getting that set on R2 next year or something :mad:

That's it, I'm buying a regionfree player. :p

----------------
"If you fall off a mountain you might as well try to fly"

Kiva nähdä että täällä käy suomalaisia! Oon huomannu että oot aika aktiivinen käviä täällä.

Hyviä jatkoja!

Kiva nähdä että täällä käy suomalaisia! Oon huomannu että oot aika aktiivinen käviä täällä.

Hyviä jatkoja!

That's just what I was going to say. :)

Regards,

Joe

:D

*waves to his fellow Nordic friend* :cool:

Am so glad I bought a regionfree dvd-player .. more flexibility, less waiting for releases .. :D

I've watched season 4 about five times already! This is learing patience at best!
If that's a test of patience, then test me God!
I had a B5 marathon about a month ago, and even watched some of the episodes several times. A waste of time, but a good waste. ;)

BTW: Norwegian guy here! Hallo svensker, dansker, islendinger og finner!

I've watched season 4 about five times already! This is learing patience at best!
If that's a test of patience, then test me God!
I had a B5 marathon about a month ago, and even watched some of the episodes several times. A waste of time, but a good waste. ;)

Talkin about marathons...I had 3 day maratohon with my friend. We watched the first three seasons....all most straight and with whole lot of cola and chips :D Of course the girlfriend department was bit damaged 'coz of this wonderful idea. :p After 15 hours straight everything starts to get "slightly" hilarious. After 20 hours everytime we saw Londo come up, we busted out laughing like hell. We must have looked like two escaped mental patients.
Don't try this at home boys and girls! :p

-----------------
"If you fall off a mountain, you might as well try to fly"

Fortunately 'region free' has been a prerequiste for every DVD player I've ever bought. Indeed my DVD collection is about 20% R1. I gave up on the R2 B5 when season 3 was several months behind R1. Haven't regretted the move, only wish I'd bought only R1 since S1 had that problem with And the Sky Full of Stars and S2 had the 'Complete 2nd Series' bit.

BTW: Norwegian guy here! Hallo svensker, dansker, islendinger og finner!

Since we're doing that whole bit, "Með kveðju frá Íslandi"

I've stuck my region free player at my parents house. Moving in with the missus has forced me to 'consolidate' on gadget's and use my Xbox as a main player. It does a good enough job on our rubbish TV, but it means i am stuck with R2 for a while. Which really sucks, as we get lousy substandard products, in the case of the movies, and poor customer relations, no advance warning of release dates.
Why?? Does anyone have contact details for WHV UK, it would be worth writing to them i think. As almost every player on the market is region-free, the whole encoding thing is a bit of a non-issue these days. So why do different zones still get different products????

Edit.. Wow, its very scandinavian around here!! ;)

I think what strikes me in this whole B5 regional difference fiasco is the total lack of commercial sense that WHVUK are showing.

My understanding is that they are, to all intents and purposes, completely separate from WHV in the US, so they stand or fall by the performance of their own product releases for R2.

By releasing products that are of lesser quality (real or perceived) than the R1 releases, and by creating this situation where the R1/R2 release of season 1 was almost simultaneous and then slipping back each R2 release so that we now have no idea when season 5 is coming even though it has been out for over 2 months (?) in R1, all they are doing is driving those customers with some savvy to buy a region-free player (which you can now get for around £40) and the R1 version of the DVDs. Thereby reducing their immediate sales, not to mention their potential customer base for future releases.

When region-free players are so easily obtainable, and the presence of Internet retailers means I can order R1 DVDs from Canada (with free shipping and zero import charges on their arrival in the UK) quicker and easier than walking round to the local store, frankly the entire region coding system has become a total irrelevance.

And I'll stop venting now ... thanks for listening.

:D

Hyviä jatkoja!

Joop, eipä tässä mitään, melkeinpä kolme vuotta olen täälläkin jo vieraillut ja kirjoitellut sitä sun tätä. Ihan hyvä foorumi tämä B5tv on, asiallista porukkaa, hyviä kommentteja, inside huumoriakin löytyy ja kaikkea siltä väliltä. Mutta mutta... todellakin, kestää sen puoli vuotta ainakin ennen kuin S5 saapuu tänne R2 alueelle... se on.. perseestä. :(

Juu, itselläkin iski pahanmoinen B5 kuume tuossa nelisen vuotta sitten ja nämä DVD:t ovatkin olleet vastaus rukouksille. Kyllä se on sillä tavalla että taidanpa kohta käydä shoppaamassa jonkun aluevapaa dvd soittimen ja pääsee tästä odottelusta eroon.Kuten sanoit....perseestä! :devil:

----------------
"If you fall off a mountain you might as well try to fly"

Couldn't agree more.
With the decisions WBUK have made recently (Huge delays, inferior movie box-set releases, change of packaging half way through the series) I can't see WHY anyone insists on sticking/waiting on R2 releases. :eek:

Despite the fact thet region 2 boxes are late on release schedule, it's definitely worth to wait for them because the PAL DVD-transfer is superiour to NTSC-transfer of Babylon 5. The effects are converted properly and the extra 100 lines in picture of the film scenes are always nice.

Despite the fact thet region 2 boxes are late on release schedule, it's definitely worth to wait for them because the PAL DVD-transfer is superiour to NTSC-transfer of Babylon 5. The effects are converted properly and the extra 100 lines in picture of the film scenes are always nice.

This is the first I've heard of there being any difference between the PAL and NTSC transfers of B5 (other then those inherent to the different formats). And in fact it was the R2 version of Season 1 that screwed up the effects shot in 'And the Sky Full of Stars'. On what exactly do you base the claim that the effects are done better on PAL transfers?

You are certainly correct that the PAL format has a higher resolution (although that assumes that both transfers are derived from film or an higher quality master, I'm unsure if that is actually the case or if the R2 PAL release is a conversion of R1 NTSC, in which case you are better off with the NTSC original). But I for one was not willing to wait months and monts (if not a year or more - hey who knows when S5 will come out) to get my hands on B5 DVDs.

Yes, there was screwup in conversion of the effects in And The Sky Full of Stars, but you can switch that disc by sending it to Warner and they send you back corrected one. Also new discs found in shelves are corrected. I mean technical quality of the transfer, Jiggering that is huge trouble in NTSC-versions isn't the problem with effects on PAL-versions because the use of proper resize methods.
Look at this site so you know more about the problem with NTSC-versions. : http://www.cs.tut.fi/~leopold/Babylon5/DVD/DVDTransfer.html
I have R1 version of The Gathering/In The Beginning and R2 version of In The Beginning and can say that there is really noticable difference between quality and as far as I know and according to at least this page; the effects are converted the very same way in season boxes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back