View Single Post
Old June 24th 19, 01:12   #45
Looney
Telepath

Re: EpDis: A Day In The Strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
This is an OK standalone (ish) episode. The probe plot is a bit "meh", but there's excellent stuff elsewhere in this episode.
I always took the probe to be a key NON-STANDALONE plot point. I mean it was obviously sent by The Shadows or their allies.

So in my Prime viewing of B5 I have been skipping around a lot and just happened to watch this one the other night. It is sooooooooo good. I would say the showdown with the trade negotiation is my least favorite thing about this episode, but the concept lends a great detail of realism. Scratch that, the fact that Na'Far is never really mentioned again is my least favorite part. This is a multi-layered character. Is he just a Centauri stooge or is he operating in the manner he sees as the best chance the Narn?! I think it is just awesome, but then it never really becomes anything.

I actually thought of another complaint and that is maybe there is too much going on in the episode. I often fall back on my desire to have had more Babylon 5 exposition through longer episode arcs. I definitely feel like this one needed more air time. It is actually awkward how Sheridan kind of just leaves the probe stuff to Ivanova and goes off to deal with other situations. But all an all this is truly a great episode if only for the Na'Far scenes, especially the brilliant Londo scene. And the secondly brilliant Londo / Delenn scene.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote