• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sleeping in the light - Did you cry?

RememberByron

Final episode of episode 5, did you cry?

Me, yes, like a baby. Saved the whole of what I thought had been a bit of a dissapointing season. Still find myself thinking about that episode sometimes

Final episode of episode 5, did you cry?

Silly child!!! Of course I cried!! And thats having the ep "disturbed" by commercials :rolleyes:. And having to search when the show would actually be on, and which channel? Honest to God, one station here decided to end thier syndication w/ B5 ep And the Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place :confused: :rolleyes: Fortunately it was picked up by another local station and they backplayed missing episodes. To be an "Original" viewer took stamina!! Also kept getting moved back to accomodate sports events(go Pacers :rolleyes: As an Agnostic I thank God everyday for DVD players and the appropriate software!! :cool: To really bawl, watch the dvd w/commentary.

Yes, I cried quite a lot actually. If I watch it at the right time (whatever that is) these days I still can get quite teary over it. And I tend to always find myself unable to breathe everytime I watch the part of Ivanova's voice over at the end when she says, "And it taught us that there could always be new beginnings... even for people like us."

:(

I didn't physically cry, but that doesn't mean I wasn't moved and impressed by the episode. It's definitely one of the best of the series and probably the best, or at least second best, of season five.

There are *only* three nitpicks I have about the episode: 1) I'm not into the "you are my sun, my moon, my sky" dialogue like most people are; 2) I think the "menace to navigation" excuse is flimsy; and 3) I think the very last moment of the episode was over a few seconds too quickly--the symbolism of that moment with Delenn watching the sun was worth dragging out another beat or two.

A few days before the episode aired, JMS said online that no one should watch the episode alone. I took his advice seriously. I casually mentioned it to a few friends, not sure if they'd want to watch it. They might have each seen a few episodes, but I don't think they were huge fans like I was. So, I was pleasantly surprised when they showed up and watched the episode with me. That meant a lot to me, and did help make that hour feel more memorable.

How this story ended... was quite sad. Since the story was interesting, believable and generally immersive, I had grown to appreciate its characters, and could identify with them. (Therefore, while I suspect I didn't cry when I watched it... I did cry later, when I thought about it.)

Yup.

Absolutely I teared up, during several scenes. Matter of fact, now that I think about it, my eyes were pretty wet through most of it, kinda amazing I didn't miss some of it, due to wetness in my eyes.

Oh, yes.

Twice to tell you the truth.
And with that feeling of having my heart in my throat.

It was, a least for me, the most beatifull moment of television so far.
A piece of art with music, images and words that I will never forget.

Almir

I cried for most of the weekend after seeing it.

I didn't cry at the departure of Shedidan though. I blubbed when they blew up my station. :(

Was moist-eyed for most of it. Tears fell when Sheridan went beyond the rim and when Delenn reached in longing toward the sunrise. Wept at the goodbye between Sheridan and Delenn and sobbed at the destruction of the station.

Then smiled through the tears for having been lucky enough to experience the best show ever.

Jan

As a manly man, I have a real hard time crying. That lump tries to squeeze out of my throat and gets stuck. My eyes try to well up and I get a severe case of post-sadness headache. Needless to say, I was in pain when Sheridan and Delenn said goodbye and was extremely thankful when the commercial came in and gave us a break. My wife was crying all over the place, and she only watched B5 to humor me.

(She was won over though. Halfway through re-watching Season 2 on the DVD's she announced G'Kar as her favorite character. I already knew.)

I didn't well up over the destruction of B5. By that time I was simply silent and marveling at that glorious hour of sweet sadness in its entirety.

There's only a handful of scenes that make me tear up, and I just don't know what makes them stand out. Offhand, I can only think a few:

The Patriot: Mel Gibson goes to leave on horse. Little girl cries, "Papa!" (She then spoils it by rambling on "I'll say anything!", but hey)

Jumanji: Can you believe it? I was watching this over the weekend, and from the time Robin Williams is running around the house looking for his parents until he visits their graves, I'm choked to the eyeballs. Ouch! And I already KNOW it's all going to turn out alright in the end! Speaking of, I choke up again when the game is over and his dad comes back in the room. F***ing James Horner music!

I got choked up watching the movie "The Seventh Sign", at the very end when Demi Moore and Michael Biehn's baby cries, signifying it was not stillborn (WILL YOU DIE FOR HIM?). Of course, I was a new father back them. It might still work though, I haven't tried it.

The TNG episode "The Inner Light" got me the first time, but not nearly as much afterward. Next to SiL, it's probably the best sci-fi tearjerker out there.

Started crying fairly early on, and never really stopped :D

Got into some seriously ugly sobbing (the sort that sets your nose running!) in the brief shot where Delenn is in bed alone, and the view from above shows her reaching for the pillow and curling herself around it.

And when she's sitting on the balcony watching the dawn and you see Sheridan's image next to her, that got pretty messy too! :LOL:

It's been so long since I have seen the episode, I don't really remember (I haven't gotten the season 5 set yet).

One thing that always makes me tear up is the rant by Anya on the Buffy episode 'The Body' when she doesn't understand mortal death and why Buffy's mother can't just be not dead anymore. Leave it to Joss Whedon to have the ex-demon character used most often for comic relief to actually ask the one question everyone is thinking.

"To absent friends - in memory still bright" - John Sheridan

I think about this line every time a great actor passes away.

Yes, every time, and I've probably seen it at least 6 times. Excellent episode, but very sad to watch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back