• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape Returns

Now keeping track of all of the "John Crichton"s that we have seen over the run of the series ..... that's a challange.

The Crichton that nailed Aeryn and the Crichton that didn't nail Aeryn. Very easy to distinguish them in my world.

There are more than that. Besides John(Talyn) ("Crichton that nailed Aeryn") and John(Moya) ("Crichton that didn't nail Aeryn") there is also the Crichton neural clone seen in Incubator, possibly Original John (before being "twinned", whether that is separate from either of the copies made from him is something of a philosophical choice), John that lived to old age with Aeryn, possibly John that Zhaan saw in her jail cell on Litigara (though, being a halucination, that one probably isn't fair), the John spirit that Aeryn saw in The Choice (who was the only instance to remember both the J/A on Talyn *and* the J/A growing old stuff).

Am I forgetting any?

Does she have a significant role in Pitch Black? It would take a lot for me to watch a Vin Diesel.

Anyway, I have no plans to reall watch Queen of the Damned. :)

Welcome to the Netflix Cult, hyp. I hope you won't miss your social life.

Actually, Pitch Black was a performance by Claudia before she was cast in Farscape. She was cast in the show while still filming Pitch Black, and was shooting her last on PB while shooting S1 at the same time.

PB is actually the only Vin Diesel movie I've ever liked. It was the film that launched his career really. Prior to it he was an unknown. It's a great, fun flick and worth the watch. It has also spawned the prequel duology shot at the same time, The Riddick films. Proof enough in my book that a small, cult following on one film can spawn a full preshot, duology of films with a decent budget. One more argument for the possibility of B5 as a preshot trilogy.

Anywho....go rent the DVD of Pitch Black. Worth the watch.

I don't count hallucinations and representations. That one episode from season 1 or 2 where Scorpius tries to break John by putting him on Earth in his mind and populating with Farscape characters alone means there are multiple instances of everyone. If you want to get that liberal, there are scores of instances of Aeryn and Scorpius as well.

Pitch Black is great. Vin is great. :)

The film comes across as just a general horror flick. But each time I watch it, the more I appreciate its subtlety. There is a lot going on there.

Does she have a significant role in Pitch Black? It would take a lot for me to watch a Vin Diesel.

Significant? That would probably be overstating it. She's there for more than 1 or 2 scenes, but it falls far short of being a "major" role. But certainly more major than, say, Random Background Extra #3.

Don't be turned off by the fact that it's Vin Diesel. I haven't seen any of his other movies, and based on the reviews I don't want to. But PB is not a mind-numbing orgy of explosions and FX as his other movies appear to be. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "subtle" like Antony does, but it's a lot of fun.

Maybe I'll consider it once I run out of things to put on my Netflix queue (though there are like 50 things on it already).

Damnit Netflix, send my the next Farscape disc, already! I need to see who made that wormhole!

I don't count hallucinations and representations.

OK, I'll grant you that the Zhaan sees in jail doesn't count (and I suggested as much when I mentioned it). The one that Aeryn sees in The Choice, however, was not a halucination. He knew things that Aeryn never knew nor suspected.

The John neural clone is / was as real as Harvey. If you don't count that then there was only ever one Scorpius, not two.

That one episode from season 1 or 2 where Scorpius tries to break John by putting him on Earth in his mind and populating with Farscape characters alone means there are multiple instances of everyone.

It was S2 (Won't Get Fooled Again). However, it was not Scorpius that was trying to break John. It was the Scarans. That when we first learned that John's Scorpius visions weren't hallucinations but we due to the neural clone "Harvey". Harvey was on John's side in that one, to save John from the Scarans so that Scorpius could still get him later.

Right, the Scarans. Bad-asses, they sure are.

I'm very bad at remember stuff like that. It took my several viewings of TNG to get that all straight in my head (watching it all of out order!) and B5 is the only show where I think I know like everything.

I'm kinda glad Zahn died. She was getting superfluous. Same goes for Stark leaving (who, without Zahn, is pretty pointless). Along with destroying Talin and Crais, it looks like season 4 can start with a clean slate. I wouldn't mind if they ditch Chiana, too.

You should see it. Claudia is good in Pitch Black, in an Aeryn Sun sort of way. Tough and hot. :D

I'm kinda glad Zahn died. She was getting superfluous. Same goes for Stark leaving (who, without Zahn, is pretty pointless). Along with destroying Talin and Crais, it looks like season 4 can start with a clean slate. I wouldn't mind if they ditch Chiana, too.

Bite your tongue, GKE! Have you gone completely farbot?! Have you gone freling mad?! I miss Zaahn to this day, the only reason she "died" is because the contacts were destroying poor Hey's eyeballs. Stark had his moments, but I think his leaving was more for story purposes. And you simply CANNOT EVER get rid of Chi! Not Pip! I love her. And I'm a big ole queen! The monochrome bitch is the coolest.

And I have to say here, the more I rewatch the series, the more I realize how much of it was about drugs and the trips caused by them. Most cool. :p

Stark annoyed me.

The rest are too good. Crais was my favourite character, and I loved Tallin. That made the end of season three very sad for me. In fact, it's an absolute spine-tingle moment.

The thousands of Farscape-fans and their never-ending campaigning in the US (and other places) for a return of their fav show is the primary (if not only) reason for this miniseries seeing the light of day from what I have read, and I want to pay tribute to those fans (some of whom might also frequent these forums). Brilliant job, guys!!

And being a big Farscape-fan as well as a fervent B5'er (Farscape is my 2nd favourite sci fi-series after B5) I am of course more than overjoyed by this frelling great news! (not the least after the season 4-developments ..)

Go Farscape!!! :D ;)

Frankly, the only side character I really love is D'Argo. I know the Klingon comparison is probably played and obvious, and I'm not saying their the same or it's a rip-off, but I love both D'Argo and Warf because their so epic, so Greek-tragedy melodrama. The tortured big bad-ass warrior. I'm a sap for that kind of stuff.

And I really like Pilot, the only effective puppet in my book. I say that because when he gets mad, it really works. Such a contrast to his usual quiet, respective nature. I love how he calls everyone by their title. Who else calls Crichton "commander?" The voice talent on this character is brilliant.

The thing is, I just really, really like the main characters, Crichton and Aeryn. In shows like TNG and B5, it's the secondary characters that I enjoy watching the most (Warf, Data, G'Kar, Londo) but here it's actually the main guy and chick who are the best. Everyone else can come and go, I don't mind.

Ok, so I just watched the first three episodes of season 4- what the hell is going on? I am so f***ing confused.

Crichton's in his module long enough to grow a beard before he's rescued by the dying leviathan. He had food, water, and a place to piss that for that long (that beard had to take at least a month to grow).

Now they got a red chick, which is kinda hot, as I do have a major thing red-heads. With Chiana, Sizuki (or what carrot-top's name is) and Jule there, you know this show was created by dudes. But it looks like Jule ain't gonna be around, but the hotness factor is sure to go up when Aeryn returns (unless she's all pregnant).

Why did Suzuki leave the leviathan scavangers, anyway? I forgot.

And where is Moya, anyway? Jule was with them when they dissappeared, no? So obviously they're OK, and then at some point Jule got away from them? So where did that wormhole come from?

Now you are making me wonder if I made a mistake getting Farscape on Netflix.

:LOL:

Well, I also have "'Allo, 'Allo" coming, if the Farscape gets too serious. :D

Ok, so I just watched the first three episodes of season 4- what the hell is going on? I am so f***ing confused.
Well, yeah, that is pretty much the standard reaction to the early part of S4. I actually think that, to a degree, that was what they were aiming for (from people who had been watching). I remember reading that SciFi had exerted pressure on them to try to make the show more accessable to new viewers joining in S4 (they had a new time slot at the time); so they did this whole "trickle the characters back in a couple at a time so the new viewers can be introduced to each of them" thing that really frustrated the existing viewers who wanted to get the answers to "WTF happened at the end of S3?".

Crichton's in his module long enough to grow a beard before he's rescued by the dying leviathan. He had food, water, and a place to piss that for that long (that beard had to take at least a month to grow).
Crichton was rescued by the dying leviathan quite a while ago. He had been living on it (and growing the beard) for a few months, IIRC. They ae still hanging around where Crichton had been marooned because that leviathan is about-to-die-of-old-age old, and that area is a leviathan grave yard (that is why Moya was there in the first place; to put Talyn's remains, or what they had of them, there).

Now they got a red chick, which is kinda hot, as I do have a major thing red-heads. With Chiana, Sizuki (or what carrot-top's name is) and Jule there, you know this show was created by dudes. But it looks like Jule ain't gonna be around, but the hotness factor is sure to go up when Aeryn returns (unless she's all pregnant).
Just for the record: it is "Sikozu".
Not that you need to know it (or, for that matter, that I actually know it) but since I have a Farscape calendar next to my desk, her full name is Sikozu Svala Shanti Sugaysi Shanu. :eek:

And Jool got reduced to "recurring" status because the actress got a "regular" role on a high profile mainstream Aussie TV show. Also from this month's page on the calendar, Jool's fullname is Joolushko Tunai Fenta Hovalis. :p

Why did Suzuki leave the leviathan scavangers, anyway? I forgot.
It has been a while since I watched that ep, but as I recall the scavengers were planning on screwing her over WRT her consulting fees etc. and then killing her. The reason she can't just go back to her old consulting job is that they *had* already reported to her organization that she had betrayed her commission, and they seem to view that much the same way as the Narn assassin's guild does in B5.

And where is Moya, anyway? Jule was with them when they dissappeared, no? So obviously they're OK, and then at some point Jule got away from them? So where did that wormhole come from?
Patience, Grasshopper. ;) :cool:

Now you are making me wonder if I made a mistake getting Farscape on Netflix.

:LOL:

Well, I also have "'Allo, 'Allo" coming, if the Farscape gets too serious. :D

Never fear, FARSCAPE is a wonderful show, my dear Hypatia. While the first few eps of S4 are strange and at times confusing, it all begins to make sense.

And, GKE, as for the show being created by men? Well, there are hot men all over FARSCAPE, not to mention the main character is a dream-boat and appears shirtless quite a bit. There have also been numerous gay references and moments of innuendo in the show throughout. FARSCAPE was happily a more or less equal opportunity show, run I believe by men, women and IMHO a couple of queens.

No matter what...the show was and still is frelling great! :D

Back