• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Garibaldi's Bagna Cauda

garak0410

Hey Everyone...

We made "GARIBALDI'S Special Dinner" the other night by the instructions on Lurker's site. Has anyone made this?

It came out much runnier than I thought...was it to be a cooking fondue or a dipping fondue?

Thanks,
Brian

I assumed it was a dipping one.

They actually have the ingredients at the site? :LOL: Now, that's fanatical. :D

It may cook up differently depending on what your altitude is. I learned that quickly, living in a city that is more than one mile above sea level.

I assume B5 controls set the station to "be" at sea-level. :)

When I watch that ep, I always wondered just what it was that Garibaldi and Franklin were eating. ;)

I have had this stuff once, Lyta (from this site) made it for me and a buddy when we were in Seattle for company training. I don't remember it being runny...it was damn good. It was a dipping fondue.

Hey Everyone...

We made "GARIBALDI'S Special Dinner" the other night by the instructions on Lurker's site. Has anyone made this?

It came out much runnier than I thought...was it to be a cooking fondue or a dipping fondue?

Never made it, but it was definitely a dipping fondue.

I've tried making Bagna Cauda from the recipie book, but it turned out very watery, just like melted butter. I'm sure I was doing something wrong.

I've tried making Bagna Cauda from the recipie book, but it turned out very watery, just like melted butter. I'm sure I was doing something wrong.

Isn't it just a bread dip? At one Italian restaurant we go to, they give you a loaf of Ciabatta bread to dip in Olive Oil with pepper, which sounds very similar to me, except Bagna Cauda would obviously be more flavorful than straight Olive Oil with pepper.

Isn't it just a bread dip?

It did look like Michael and Steven were just dipping the bread or whatever that was... But the recipe I found said the "traditional" way to serve the Bagna Cauda is with both vegetables and bread. The vegetable is dipped in the sauce while holding the bread underneath so that it catches the "drips"... :D then you eat the bread! It would stand to reason though that every family takes "tradition" and makes it their own.

It did look like Michael and Steven were just dipping the bread or whatever that was... But the recipe I found said the "traditional" way to serve the Bagna Cauda is with both vegetables and bread. The vegetable is dipped in the sauce while holding the bread underneath so that it catches the "drips"... :D then you eat the bread! It would stand to reason though that every family takes "tradition" and makes it their own.

Ah, well if Veges are supposed to be used too, then yea, one would expect it to have a little consistency to it

YES!! Mine was just like water...I put some raw veggies in it and it just dripped right off of it...like that, it was more of a cooking fondue rather than a dipping one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back