• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Joe De's suggestions...

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Joe De\'s suggestions...

Well. Somehow, in experimenting, I broke the thread, and it disappered.Here's what I do have from his thread:

</font><z><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Well, it's mostly the line-break thing, plus I don't especially like the default "in reply to", because around here the quote function is frequently used to post information from outside sources, and because where it is being used to quote things that the writer is replying to, it is fairly obvious that this is the case. I don't think it adds anything worthwhile in its intended use, and doesn't work with the major alternate use. I guess it is the computer geek in me. I don't like unnecessary "features".

Regards,

Joe

[/quote]

The irony of having to use the quote tag isn't lost on me. I changed the wording... the line space removing will require a little bit of creative thinking, and I'll give it some thought.

Re: Joe De\'s suggestions...

I am not sure I understand what is going on here, but it looks like you changed the way the quote tag works? I kinda liked how it looked before better (a box instead of two HR tags) but I also like having the quoted text a different color as well. *shrug*

I do agree with changing the "In reply to" text since it isn't always used for quoting someone else's post.

Pay no attention to Monica. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think the new version looks great. Thanks.

Joe

I totally agree with Lyta. The text was the only thing that needed replacing as far as the quote "look" goes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think I'll run now before Antony slaps me or something... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That above was a test. It's back to normal now, until I sort it out.

</font><z><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
see

[/quote]

*stomps JoeDM's foot ... hard* /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back