• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Why I hate UBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derian

Beyond the rim
Well. among other reasons (it's ugly, it's inefficient...)..... but I HATE the fact that I can click on a post that I've never read before and it takes me to the last reply. It should go to the start of the topic! That's just plain stupid.......

If you are talking about this board here, then clicking the thread name takes you to the *first unread post*, not the last reply.

Of course, if you have been to the forum before, then it just assumes later on that you've read the previous posts, so it takes you to the first unread post of this session.

And ugly would of course be a matter of taste.

And yeah.. it only does that on something it has tracking for. i.e. if it says 5 unread posts, it'll take you there. If you leave the board and return 1 minute later, all threads will be marked as read, and by going in you will arrive at the start.

But when this problem occurs for me, I just scroll up. No big deal really.

I personally consider this one of my favorite features. I am thrilled that I don't have to find where I last left off.

I absolutely agree - it's especially handy with longer threads that have got something like 8-25 new replies overnight. No need to go to the end of the thread and then start searching for the first new reply.

I suppose though that it works somewhat better for the more regular visitors.

I like it when it takes you to the last unread post. That's not what I'm complaining about. However, when the last unread post is the *first* post. i.e. you've never read the thread before, it takes you to the *last* post.... at least, it does for me....

OH well. It doesn't matter. I like the content, I like the people. I will continue to visit and put up with the stuff about the forum that I personally find annoying. IMHO, UBB alwasy has and always will suck, but that's just me, and I"m just oen person. Forget I mentioned it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I like it when it takes you to the last unread post. That's not what I'm complaining about. However, when the last unread post is the *first* post. i.e. you've never read the thread before, it takes you to the *last* post.... at least, it does for me....

[/quote]

Hmmm, fascinating. That has never happened to me. If I haven't read a tread before, it takes me to the very first post.

...but OK, I'll forget you mentioned it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

you implied that I didn't have "Anything productive" so,

there should BE a UBB CODE titled "Anything Productive" as one of the options....

Otherwise if it ain't an option then nanny nanny boo boo, I donnnnnnnnnnnn't have tooooooooo.....

BBBBBBHHHHHHHHAA HAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back