• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ian McShane on Game of Thrones

Raw Shark

Regular
Ian McShane (B5: River of Souls) appeared in an episode of Game of Thrones last week. I had never seen him in anything before River of Souls, he's a terrific actor.

Raw Shark

"I know more about ISIS than the generals, believe me."
Donald Trump, American buffoon

I grew up watching him in Lovejoy, which was about a roguish antiques dealer and was great fun. It was kind of weird then to see him on B5, as I was unaware of many of his roles on US TV.

I thought his performance on GoT was exceptional.

The only other B5 actor that I can think of who has been on GoT is Roy Dotrice. Has there been anyone else?

I think those are the only two actors to appear in both shows. Most of the actors on B5 were Americans, and I think there have only been four Yanks in Thrones.

I agree, McShane kind of stole the show on Thrones. B5 and Game of Thrones are so similar in many ways. GoT really distracts me from the sad fact that there has been NOTHING B5-related for almost a decade. This oversight must be corrected. I have some wild ideas about what the Telepath War would entail.

Raw Shark

"Be careful, Ambassador, not every dream I've heard lately ends well for you."
Commander Sinclair

Last edited:
I wish his appearance on Game of Thrones wasn't so short lived. To me he will always be Al Swearengen from Deadwood. He is a brilliant actor and that is probably what most people will remember him for.

Ian McShane (B5: River of Souls) appeared in an episode of Game of Thrones last week. I had never seen him in anything before River of Souls, he's a terrific actor.

Raw Shark

"I know more about ISIS than the generals, believe me."
Donald Trump, American buffoon

Seriously if you haven't seen Deadwood, get on that. His career defining role!

He had a pretty famous series on television, I know, but I also never recall seeing him in anything other than B5. Yes, he did a great job. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back