• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Point Of No Return

A Day In The Strife

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
I like this episode quite a bit, so I gave it a B. It's hard, as others have said, for the episodes needed to move the story ahead to really shine, sometimes, but this one worked for me. :)

And as a side note: the "let's stop this stupid B5/ST animosity" message given by a certain guest star makes this a pretty special episode for me. :cool:

I actually like this one. I don't know exactly why, maybe because of dialogue or setting or the overall mood of the episode. But I gave this one A. In my opinion, it deserves it. Call me a weirdo, but I almost prefer this to Severed Dreams.

An A episode. I love the stuff with Lady Morella visiting. The Nightwatch stuff is good too, but I think Lady Morella's visit is what makes this an A episode.

I'm tempted to give this an F... just because Lady Morella's prophecies sparked so much controversy. Is "the man who is already dead" Refa, Morden, or Sheridan? Not even JMS knows for sure...

Seriously, very solid episode indeed. I'm not quite sure what to rate it, though, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm tempted to give this an F... just because Lady Morella's prophecies sparked so much controversy. Is "the man who is already dead" Refa, Morden, or Sheridan? Not even JMS knows for sure...
Seriously, very solid episode indeed. I'm not quite sure what to rate it, though, so I'll leave it at that.

KoshFan, are you saying you think prophecy is usually quite specific and comprehensible?

I saw that as a literary device that is used by any good author who deals with "prophesy" in any way at all.

Well, I can't say that the prophecy was entirely clear. I don't know precisely what Londo's two blown chances were, although the events of "The Coming of Shadows" are probably in there. But G'Kar's eye is pretty clear, especially when you factor in the message of "The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari." From there on out, my interpretation rests on my assessment of Londo's character and of how a story ought to work. Many people don't agree with my interpretation.

Goddamnit, I wrote up this whole thing about the Nightwatch thing but then I lost it.

Anyway, it's great- one of my favorite B5 subplot.

A couple of other great moments in this ep:

- Talon
- Londo telling Vir how to write his report

I don't recall JMS ever giving a definitive answer to the question of what incident goes with which prophecy. I also recall him saying about how that was the beauty of it -- like almost all sufficiently vague prophecies, you could fit a lot of possible alternatives into it.

Yeah, I like Ta'Lon in this one.

And notice how he smiles at Lady Morella when she's obviously uncomfortable riding in the lift with him. ;)

My complaint about that little elevator scene is, what Centauri Royal Guard worth his salt would ever allow a Narn to stand next to the wife of the former emperor? Just one of those small irritating moments at which the internal consistency of the show was sacrificed for a good camera angle...

Well, maybe he knew that Ta'Lon was helping with station security and that he wouldn't harm here as long as he was serving the Humans.

As I recall, Ta'Lon was clearly wearing a Security badge. I'm sure that all Centauri security forces had to have been briefed as to the status of Narns wearing that symbol.

Jan

My complaint about that little elevator scene is, what Centauri Royal Guard worth his salt would ever allow a Narn to stand next to the wife of the former emperor? Just one of those small irritating moments at which the internal consistency of the show was sacrificed for a good camera angle...

LOL, if a visiting diplomat doesn't wish to be in the vicinity of the local security forces, perhaps that diplomat shouldn't be visiting.

:LOL: Why, Sindatur.

Some dignitaries wouldn't be able to travel anywhere if those who disagree weren't kept out of sight. ;)

Security guard or not, I still think the Centauri guard would have placed himself between Lady Morella and the Narn just because he's a Narn. Londo's attitude towards the Narns doesn't change a bit after they take over Security.

But then, the Centauri guards have a history of being less than useful. When Emperor Turhan is collapsing in the hallway, his two guards don't do anything for a second or two beyond look at each other. You'd better believe that the Secret Service would be in action faster than that if the President collapsed. I guess the Centauri Guards are more accurately described as the Centauri Goons.

A definite A. I missed this episode during the original run and had to wait til the reruns on TBS.
So many good little items along with the big plots...Vir demanding another cloth from Londo...the aforementioned Ta'Lon smirk...
Prophesy isn't supposed to be clear and succint

I don't recall JMS ever giving a definitive answer to the question of what incident goes with which prophecy.

OOoops! My apologies. I lost track of things and thought you were talking about the pointless and seemingly eternal "debate" about who "the one who is already dead" is. (Sherdan. JMS said so. End of story.)

So you weren't wrong and JMS didn't disagree with you and I'm just gonna quit while I"m behind. :)

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back