• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doctor Who - Season 3 [spoilers]

Yeah I'll take the rough with the smooth.

It was an excellent episode, I feel.

Loved the use of the hymns and especially the Doctor's little confession at the end... that was quite moving.

And of course the Face of Boe said exactly what everyone expected him to say... but Tennant's comments on Confidential have probably now opened an unexpected door. Everyone would naturally assume the return of the Master or the Rani... and that has been hinted at. However, Tennant said in a vorlonesque comment that "The Doctor's not wrong, he is the last of his kind, but the Face of Boe was not lying either... the truth lies somewhere inbetween,"

So does that mean that the Doctor is the last of the good Timelords, or that their are Timeladies but no other Timelords or....

SPOILERS SCROLL DOWN........ A LOT!

Derek Jacobi's character is rumoured to in fact be the Master who regenerates into John Simm

Reminds me of Torchwood .. which I, with both SJ Adventures and DW being great recently, was about to shelf as a bad dream :mad: ;)

Oddly enough, I'm feeling a lot more mellow about season 3 so far than I expected. Maybe it's my expectations being much lower this time around (I honestly couldn't stand Ten in season 2, and most of that season was quite disappointing for me), or maybe it's just that I quite like Martha and find the Ten/Martha dynamic much more pleasant than Ten/Rose. Or maybe it's because Ten seems a bit less manic so far.

Just wondering: :) Does anyone know if we're going to see Season 3 in the US..and when?
In July, apparently.

I've also found this season surprisingly good - for various reasons

*Ten is less annoying

*Martha >>>>>>>> Rose

*Better scripts - compare Smith and Jones and Gridlock to New Earth and Tooth and Claw...

*Effects - woaw, where did they get all this money stuff?

*Cooler historical settings

... which all comes as a bit of a surprise. With S2 being vastly inferiour to S1, and Torchwood being completely pants, I was expecting the downtrend to continue. Nice to see how wrong I was though, as I liked a total of 4 episodes in season 2 .. while I've yet to dislike a single one this year.

... that being said, the whole concept of the human/Dalek is so lame. :p The Daleks are scary and cool because they aren't humans. So I could have done without the last few seconds of Daleks in Manhattan .. other that that though ..

.. is it me or did this really feel like an "old who" story in many ways? Daleks hovering around a cellar, plotting to take over X, gloating. With minions.

Doctor and companion running around somewhere completely different, with a strong secondary cast (Solomon and Tallulah, in particular), without even knowing about the Daleks for most of the story?

Yes, it was deliberately old school I think. What with the Macra returning, it seems to be subtly returning more to its roots this year, and I'm loving it. As for the new budget, I guess all those DVD's and remote control Daleks are having a good return.

As for the human Dalek, I'm sure the rest of the Cult of Skaro will get annoyed with him at some point....

As you may have guessed, I'm also loving this season a lot. The writing is still fresh, Martha has a slightly new dynamic and Tennant is now more assured in the role and has grown in maturity as an actor, less gurning and over excitied shrieking and more moody looks. I hope he stays for a while, I still think the best is yet to come, especially with this season's rumored big bad guy ending...

I don't really like the last ep of the Dr. So far. it's been killing me to watch Martha have to go through all the crap Rose didn't have to go through.-- But then again The Dr. did fell in love with that one lady in the fireplace. That's still nothing compare to being treated less than an equal in the Human nurture eps.

I'm loving this season, in particular this two-parter (which probably means that I have a severe disappointment coming up this saturday. But who knows - it's all based on one book, so maybe the rule in which second parts of two-parters are always poorer than first parts will be broken, again). Martha is one poor lass, especially in these .. but it makes sense. He's not the doctor .. he's John Smith. And she's the maid. Considering that, he could be a lot nastier (which doesn't help Martha, of course)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*Sigh*

Sally Sparrow (Carey Mulligan) was very nice. I may have to make an exception to my rule of not watching anything relating to Jane Austen.

po.138899.jpg

Although now I'm also quite possibly going to be absolutely terrified of cemeteries and figurine sculpture for the rest of my born days.

A genuinely scary episode. It didn't matter that the Doctor and Marha featured minimally... the episode was strong enough in its own right... and now we get spoiled as momentum starts to gather for the season finale.

I don't know why but I have heard some grumblings in the media about Freema Agyeman. I have no idea why... I still think she kicks Rose ionto touch every time.

Last edited:
This was beyond awesome. Even I will be freaked out for a while every time I see a statue (my neighbour has an angel statue looking just like one of these - AAARGH!!) .. I cannot imagine how this will be messing with the minds of kids.

Which is actually kind of morally questionable, I guess .. but .. YAY! :D ;)

It's such a pity Steven Moffat only gets to do one episode a season for the Whoniverse. Every one of his episodes so far has been awesome, unique and smart. That piled with four seasons of coupling makes me think that there isn't a limit to his creativity.

It was very cleverly done.

I wonder if they filmed the conversation with the Easter Egg first, just so they could get the timing right. I can't see how else they could have done it unless DT was off screen being filmed at the same time, then they used this for the earlier scenes.

Don't blink.;)

It was not bad, If they have to do these Dr-less episodes once a season for budget and schdule reasons, then this is not a bad way to do it.

Yes Galahad, she is indeed lovely.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back