• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

I think one of my biggest questions right now is, what the heck happened to Claire?

A possible theory could be that Christian did something to her, so she can join her father and remain on the island. The only thing I can think of, as crazy as it sounds is that he killed her the same way Ben killed Locke, because he knew that her consciousness will be revived and they can live together in the cabin as a "ghost family".:rolleyes:

I can't believe I actually wrote all of the above nonsense.;)

Last edited:
It would also be interesting to find out what happened to the polar bears.

In the first two seasons we saw 2 or 3 of them, and then they just vanished. Maybe in the episode, when they didn't push the button in the Hatch and the sky turned purple, they moved back in time to a moment, when there were no bears on the island.

I think Dharma Initiative brought the animals to the island as a part of their strange experiments, because there were polar bears in the first Dharma Orientation Video (they were shown when the asian doctor explained, that Dharma is interested in magnetism, climatology, ZOOLOGY and so on). Probably one of them was used to proove that there is a wormhole and sent through the island's exit, which explains the bear sceleton, found in the Sahara Desert.

More nonsense! ;)

Oh, and when that Abaddon guy appeared in last week's episode and was driving Locke around, I just KNEW he was going to die. How did I know this? Because he is now one of the lead characters on a different TV show on a different network. :)

They had to sign off that character somehow instead of just letting him disappear.

Probably, but in a show that features both time travel and non-linear story-telling, watching the death of a character does not preclude his re-appearance in future episodes.

Re: polar bears- maybe there were just a couple to begin with.

Except that Mr Eko got dragged off by them after that incident didn't he?

Yup, I was about to mention that. 'Course, there was alot of "supernatural" occurences surrounding those shows, (and I recall something not quite right about the bear dragging him down the cave, something about the behavior or disappearing or too easily defeated?), Smokey, several dead people, Claire's "need" for being baptized. Also, the first times we saw the bears, they looked very real. Every Polar Bear sighting since Walt was trapped in the trees, the fur looked very cheezy, and Locke even found cottonballs that were supposed to be fur. So, were these all Smokey occurences, or just bad effects? So, it's tough to tell.

Maybe the polar bears just went for a Coke. ;)

Polar%20Bears%204%20PSP.png

Sweet commercial by the way.

Oh, and when that Abaddon guy appeared in last week's episode and was driving Locke around, I just KNEW he was going to die. How did I know this? Because he is now one of the lead characters on a different TV show on a different network. :)

They had to sign off that character somehow instead of just letting him disappear.

I was actually holding out hope that Abaddon was going to be the guy from Fringe; sort of an expanded universe thing from Abrams and Co.

My weekly analysis of the show:

1. The polar bears were indeed a part of Dharma's experiments and the bear, found in the Sahara Desert was used to prove the existence of a wormhole.

2. Kate, Jack and Hurley are probably going to join Dharma Initiative for some period of time same as Sawyer, Jin and Co. Ben is still a baby, so they may stay with Dharma for at least 10 more years.

3. We know that at some point in the future Richard is going to use Ben to kill all the members of Dharma. Therefore the survivors of Oceanic 815 will either be killed by the deadly gas, or given an option by Richard to join The Others. In this case there's a pretty good chance that the survivors in the first 3 seasons were actually fighting older versions of themselves.

4. The theory that Locke is Jacob is getting more and more acceptable.

PS

5. The polar bears got angry with the producers of "Lost" because of their small paychecks so they took the job in Coca Cola. :)

Last edited:
You're assuming they're gonna be in that time period for a long time.

I loved this episode.

I was never the biggest Sawyer fan because I feel the actor hams it up too much and doesn't have the charm to make it work- that is, I find it hard to believe women fall for his routine so much. But what really made him bad was that for the last two years the only important moment he had I can remember was jumping off that helicopter.

Finding a way to make him important again while bridging the gaps in the story was a very clever move.

Also, you know he's not in love with Juliet. He's totally playing her

You're assuming they're gonna be in that time period for a long time.

I loved this episode.

I was never the biggest Sawyer fan because I feel the actor hams it up too much and doesn't have the charm to make it work- that is, I find it hard to believe women fall for his routine so much. But what really made him bad was that for the last two years the only important moment he had I can remember was jumping off that helicopter.

Finding a way to make him important again while bridging the gaps in the story was a very clever move.

Also, you know he's not in love with Juliet. He's totally playing her

Well, the time jumping has stopped, so if they're gonna change time periods, something else has to be the catalyst.

About Juliet, I think he really does like her alot (on his way to love), and she's a great second choice in his opinion. Of course I believe that strong like will fade now that Kate's back, but, I don't think he's Juliet, per se.

I'll be honest here. The fact that he is so taken with Kate (if they go that direction now) really annoys me. For several reasons:

* Sawyer seemed to be more of a drifter/conquest type
* He has already had Kate
* Even so, he knew Kate for a maximum of 108 days (that they were on the island).
* He probably saw her, talked to her a fraction of that time. So maybe 2-3 months tops
* Then she is gone (he doesnt know for how long) and starts hitting up Juliet
* We find out he is in a relationship with Juliet for up to THREE YEARS

Add all that together, and I COMPLETELY bought his story about not even remembering what she looked like. Kate just wasnt a big part of his life time wise, and he had been there, done that. Whether Juliet started as a serious thing or not, three years together does speak to something. I think the guy changed quite a bit then.

So if the writers take the direction of his swooning after Kate again, it will seem like a pretty cheap cop-out to me. Hopefully they dont go there.

Other cool things in this episode:

The ties to Ancient Egypt keep popping up. Now we saw the back of the statue with four toes. It appears to either be a statue of Anubis or Taweret. Taweret seems to be a better fit story wise since it was the goddess of maternity and childbirth. Note that the statue APPEARS to be holding two "Anhk"s in each hand --- Egyptian symbol for Eternal Life. For those keeping score at home, that was the necklace that Amy kept that she took off her dead husband Paul in the same episode.

0f5c84bb9e339bb1201cde17f08e41cc.jpg

hippo_goddess.jpg

The ONLY place Taweret doesn't fit is the toes. While the statue has four toes, they are animal toes not human toes as this picture shows us.

lost20foot20statue.jpg

LOTS of Egyptian references though:

* The Hieroglyphs on the timer in the button room from Seaosn 2.
* Hieroglyhos all over the temples, and the instrument that Ben used to call smokey.
* The statue appears to have Egyptian roots.
* A couple of episodes ago Hurley was making a painting of an Egyptian statue/sphynx.
* The "exit" of the island is in Tunisia...Northern Africa near/part of old Egyptian empire.
* Amy removed a necklace from her dead husband Paul in this last episode. That neckace was an Ankh.
* Richard has some pretty heavy eyeliner....Pharaohs and other Egyptians did as well back in Ancient Egypt.
* Richard doesn't age.

I'm thinking Richard is ancient Egyptian of some sorts. Probably the rest of his crew is too.

Last edited:
Other cool things in this episode:

The ties to Ancient Egypt keep popping up. Now we saw the back of the statue with four toes. It appears to either be a statue of Anubis or Taweret. Taweret seems to be a better fit story wise since it was the goddess of maternity and childbirth. Note that the statue APPEARS to be holding two "Anhk"s in each hand --- Egyptian symbol for Eternal Life. For those keeping score at home, that was the necklace that Amy kept that she took off her dead husband Paul in the same episode.

0f5c84bb9e339bb1201cde17f08e41cc.jpg

hippo_goddess.jpg

The ONLY place Taweret doesn't fit is the toes. While the statue has four toes, they are animal toes not human toes as this picture shows us.

lost20foot20statue.jpg

LOTS of Egyptian references though:

* The Hieroglyphs on the timer in the button room from Seaosn 2.
* Hieroglyhos all over the temples, and the instrument that Ben used to call smokey.
* The statue appears to have Egyptian roots.
* A couple of episodes ago Hurley was making a painting of an Egyptian statue/sphynx.
* The "exit" of the island is in Tunisia...Northern Africa near/part of old Egyptian empire.
* Amy removed a necklace from her dead husband Paul in this last episode. That neckace was an Ankh.
* Richard has some pretty heavy eyeliner....Pharaohs and other Egyptians did as well back in Ancient Egypt.
* Richard doesn't age.

I'm thinking Richard is ancient Egyptian of some sorts. Probably the rest of his crew is too.

Yea, I've been coming to the conclusion, too that Richard may be Egyptian. Regarding the eyeliner, as tough as it is to believe, he swears he doesn't wear eyeliner (not sure if he's maybe using an eyeliner tattoo to justify lying about it, though) He claims it's just really dark under eyelashes. It looks to me like it has nothing to do with his eyelashes, and I find it very difficult to believe, but, he swears over and over again.

Taweret, definitely fits very well. In 1974 when the statue is still intact, getting pregnant on the island doesn't seem to be fatal yet. But, we know in 2004 when the statue is missing everything above the one knee, conceiving on the island is fatal.

Do we know the statue was intact in 1974? The time our guys saw it was further in the past than that.

Quite a good episode - the show might be getting somewhat confusing, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Only worry I have now is that they'll revive the Sawyer-Jack-Kate-Juliet love .. square.

I'll be honest here. The fact that he is so taken with Kate (if they go that direction now) really annoys me. For several reasons:

* Sawyer seemed to be more of a drifter/conquest type
* He has already had Kate
* Even so, he knew Kate for a maximum of 108 days (that they were on the island).
* He probably saw her, talked to her a fraction of that time. So maybe 2-3 months tops
* Then she is gone (he doesnt know for how long) and starts hitting up Juliet
* We find out he is in a relationship with Juliet for up to THREE YEARS

Add all that together, and I COMPLETELY bought his story about not even remembering what she looked like. Kate just wasnt a big part of his life time wise, and he had been there, done that. Whether Juliet started as a serious thing or not, three years together does speak to something. I think the guy changed quite a bit then.

So if the writers take the direction of his swooning after Kate again, it will seem like a pretty cheap cop-out to me. Hopefully they dont go there.

Here's why I disagree:

1. Yes of course James (note he's accepted this name, so we might as well) is a drifter/conqueror. A con-man. But isn't one of the most common stories in popular entertainment of the man who changes his ways for the love of a special woman?

2. I think the reason he's so crazy about Kate (and vice versa) is because they're both isolated, lost (heh) souls, even before the island. Both are drifters, both have learned to live solely for themselves, so when they do let their guard down it's more intense than when others do it.

3. Most importantly, not how prominent James as con-man was in this episode. They haven't done that since like season 1, and now all of a sudden it's the central theme of a story arc. After 30 mins of him and everybody telling us that he can and will lie at the drop of a hat, I'm supposed to buy this business about how he can't remember Kate's face? He was saying that to accomplish a goal- calm the guy down and make peace in their village while continuing to make the guy trust him more. James was conning this guy since the day they met.

Oh I'm sure he likes Juliet enough and respects her. He's probably content with her. Once he jumped out the helicopter he accepted the idea that he'd never see Kate again. After coming to peace with that, he went on to do what he always did- survive. And part of that is companionship. "If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with" as CSN-and-sometimes-Y sang.

Richard wears eye-liner? Um.. ok, whatever. The rest of the Egypt stuff might be thematic if not something direct. I hope it's not gonna be some lame Stargate rip-off.

Taweret, definitely fits very well. In 1974 when the statue is still intact, getting pregnant on the island doesn't seem to be fatal yet. But, we know in 2004 when the statue is missing everything above the one knee, conceiving on the island is fatal.

The statue wasn't intact in 1974. The statue was intact when Locke first went in the well, they time jumped, and the well was 100% gone, and all traces of it were as well. THAT was when they saw the statue. Then they time jumped again, and there was at least the FRAME of a well, Sawyer jumped in, and it was filled in. THAT was 1974. So Locke went down the well sometime before 1974 (probably in the 50s), they jumped to some time before even the 50s when the well hadn't existed yet, saw the statue, then jumped to 1974.

I agree that Sawyer's character has been rather boring for the past year. Once he killed Locke's father, his central conflict was gone. For the first time in his life, that driving force was gone and he also found friends among the other Losties. At this point, he became soft and cuddly Sawyer, sort of like Return of the Jedi Han Solo. It's good that they're putting his people skills back to work, but rather than lying for his own gain, he can lie quickly and effectively to protect his people, or in the case of dealing with Richard, tell the absolute truth (Of course, he should have told Richard that his guys broke the truce when they murdered a man having a frigging picnic with his wife). I'm hoping he stays with Juliet, not because I like the character, but because dumping her would seem like a step backward for him.

I must say I'm loving this show.

Latest posts

Members online

Back