• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Casting Rumors

I so hope this "done deal" really is a "done deal". :LOL:

I've grown weary of hoping only for disappointment. :eek:

So Peter J has now confirmed that he's signed for the second batch of stories and people are still on the "gee I hope this is real" thing? There is a difference between a reasonable caution in the early days of a project and a pathological refusal to accept reality when they are practically loading the cameras. :D

Regards,

Joe

We've been beat down enough, some of it won't believe it until they actually see it on their screens.

There is a difference between a reasonable caution in the early days of a project and a pathological refusal to accept reality when they are practically loading the cameras. :D

Regards,

Joe

So they haven't actually loaded the cameras yet? Hmmmm. I don't know...... :p

There is a difference between a reasonable caution in the early days of a project and a pathological refusal to accept reality...

:D I refuse to believe that it won't happen!

So Peter J has now confirmed that he's signed for the second batch of stories and people are still on the "gee I hope this is real" thing? There is a difference between a reasonable caution in the early days of a project and a pathological refusal to accept reality when they are practically loading the cameras. :D

Regards,

Joe

So, this means that even if they don't get TV distribution, and the worst happens and the first disk doesn't get the sales desired that there will definitely be a second disk (IE: A second chance to get the numbers up to what is required to continue the series)? I don't think we've ever had reason to hope so much for the future of the B5 Universe.

Don't go too far in the other direction, now. I imagine that 'X' number of segments would need to be planned for in the original budget in order to make it worthwhile to recreate props and costumes and such. If sales aren't what they need, that doesn't mean that they'll necessarily put the second disk out. Wouldn't be the first time a studio cut their losses.

Let's *plan* on making sure that word is spread as far and wide as we can to ensure that the first disk sales surpass expectations.

Jan

If Peter has already been contacted about disk 2 and disk 1 is supposed to be about the humans, I am not sure if Sheridan is really part of that...otherwise, Mira probably would have been contacted by now...

Then again, they could do a Sheridan sans Delenn by just having him say that he talked to her before showing up. It could also mean that my hope of seeing a Morden or Bester episode has a better chance.

In any event, Delenn would most likely have to be on the second set then, accounting for at least 2 of the episodes (if we assume Mira and Peter each appear in just one).

We also don't know the production and distribution schedules and logistics. It may be that the initial start-up costs are such that it make sense to go ahead and shoot two batches of stories before disc 1 is even in stores. That doesn't mean the second batch will get replicated, packaged, shipped out. If disc 1 bombs, it is still possible that disc 2 won't get released. Just like it is possible that any given TV series will be cancelled after one or two episodes aired, even though everyone was signed to 7 years contracts and they had already finished 6 episodes before the first one aired.

All I'm saying is that we need to be rational about these things. At this late date I think wondering if the Lost Tales are going to happen at all is irrational. Clearly at least the first three stories are going to be created. That doesn't mean the project is going to run 10 years and tell all the stories we didn't get.

There is a position between those two extremes, and that's where I think we actually are (or should be) at the moment.

Regards,

Joe

Don't go too far in the other direction, now. I imagine that 'X' number of segments would need to be planned for in the original budget in order to make it worthwhile to recreate props and costumes and such. If sales aren't what they need, that doesn't mean that they'll necessarily put the second disk out. Wouldn't be the first time a studio cut their losses.

Let's *plan* on making sure that word is spread as far and wide as we can to ensure that the first disk sales surpass expectations.

Jan

Oh, I'm definitely spreading the word as much as possible. I actually report these updates on at least two other sites. :beer:

Lets play the Babylon 5 probabilities then. The new shows will be filmed but rats will eat the negatives and the DVD factory will be flooded.

"I'm so excited!!......."

Watched the series week by week when it first aired - seven days never seemed so long at some points in the story, and waiting for a new season was barely bearable. :cool:

Thanks JMS, and best of luck for all involved.
And may the sun keep shining on DVD factories :D

Woo hoo!

metoo

Lets play the Babylon 5 probabilities then. The new shows will be filmed but rats will eat the negatives and the DVD factory will be flooded.

And I'm sure there will be some epic football game airing at the same time.

And I'm sure there will be some epic football game airing at the same time.

But only because it was delayed from it's original airing date because of a terrorist attack 4 months earlier.

PJ back as Londo but *sigh* no G'kar with him.Or Stephen Franklin either .Could this reallly be happening for us . After so many disappointments .

With our luck, the first DVD will sell too well and Warner Brothers will kill the project because people are buying B5 products rather than some stupid mind-numbing pet project of some Warners executive

With our luck, the first DVD will sell too well and Warner Brothers will kill the project because people are buying B5 products rather than some stupid mind-numbing pet project of some Warners executive

Well, now that's just paranoid ... true, but paranoid.

:D

No, they'll cancel the show because there isn't enough sex and violence in it!

Wait, that's what TNT does best. :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back