• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

For those with Netflix or MacGyver season 1

2aMageing

Regular
I'm not sure if this is the right catagory for this, but I just wanted to mention that for those considering buying MacGyver S1, or with a Netflix account that lets you checkout individual disks........Disc 2 of MacGyver season 1 has two episodes with well known Sci Fi actors, well before their better known roles.

Disc 2, Episode "Trumbo's World" has Peter Jurasik in it

Disc 2, Episode "Hellfire" has Nana Visitor in it

Both play nonrecuring primary roles in the episodes.........and even though their characters aren't as deep as they were in Babylon 5 or Deep Space 9, it's still kinda cool to see the actors works prior to the "big time", especially both on one one DVD. ;)

There are actually a lot of people in Sci-Fi that show up on MacGyver eventually. Jurasik and Visitor aren't the only ones.

It even showcases up and coming actors, such as Cuba Gooding Jr. :)

Rommie

I have noticed ths in a couple of my 80's series on DVD. It seems to be the time period and proving ground for many of the people in the "B" industry of Sci Fi, and even has set up those who have broken through, like Cuba.

I have noticed ths in a couple of my 80's series on DVD. It seems to be the time period and proving ground for many of the people in the "B" industry of Sci Fi, and even has set up those who have broken through, like Cuba.
On the first disc alone, Robin Curtis is in an episode. Y'all may remember her as Saavik from Star Trek's III and IV. :)

Rommie

On the first disc alone, Robin Curtis is in an episode. Y'all may remember her as Saavik from Star Trek's III and IV. :)

Or as Ambassador Kalika from "Deathwalker", although you'd have to recognize her from her voice, given that she was buried under makeup. (What a crime. I met her in the early 80s and was amazed at how much better looking she was in person than on screen. Not that she's bad looking on screen. But she has - or at least had - a quality about her that the camera simply doesn't capture.)

According to the IMDB that McGyver was only her second TV guest shot. (The first was a Knighrider episode.) She reprised her McGuyver character in the show's second season. In between she had worked on Bruce Boxleitner's series, Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Wonder if that led to her being recommended for the B5 part?

Rommie

Yup. I caught that. She was a little manic on that episode....but does a STERLING job in her Star Trek capacities, IMHO.

In between she had worked on Bruce Boxleitner's series, Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Wonder if that led to her being recommended for the B5 part?

Scarecrow and Mrs. King. ANOTHER must get show on DVD, especially since BB gives plenty of prime performances on it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back