• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Interludes And Examinations

Point Of No Return

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Simply one of the very best. I remember what a shocker this was during the series' intiial run, and the mixed reaction to it. Beautifully played by all concerned, and some of JMS's very best writing.

Regards,

Joe

A+. One of my favorite episodes of the entire series. Episode has a both triumph and <u>dread</u>. All of the actors carry it off very well. Great feel added by the music.

Poignant is the best word to describe it.

I also love how the events of this episode are presented and filled out in the Technomage trilogy.

I remember a certain magazine spoiling Kosh's death for me - for some reason my eyes would always be drawn to anthing that said 'Spoilers' and make me read it, even if I didn't want to!

The best bits involve Sheridan and Kosh. Sheridan confronting Kosh was superb, as now, at last, we saw somneone testing the Vorlon. And then, when Kosh came to Sheridan in a dream, it was very moving. Of course, it wasn't quite the end for Kosh. I guess it must have been then that Kosh joined with Sheridan. Perhaps he was testing this mental link in All Alone in the Night?

Its a shame we couldn't have seen more of the fight between the Shadow and Vorlon ships.

This is a really amazing episode! That hallway scene with Sheridan and Kosh is one of my favorites of all time. For me, that scene depicted exactly what John Sheridan was made of. He knew Kosh could take him out if he wanted to, and that in all likelihood he would. Despite that, our boy didn't back down; he stood up to Kosh because Kosh was wrong...and then he took the hit he knew was coming. Now that's a man! ...It makes me tingle just thinking about it! :D

Sheridan standing up to Kosh was indeed a thing of beauty. Lennier told him he was the only one capable of defying Kosh, and he was right. If there was anyone that could influence Kosh to listen to them and do something they asked, it was Sheridan.

Sheridan just seriously kicks ass. Yes I know that every lead figure of every show kicks ass by definition, but IMO there are only 4 sci-fi leads and one supporting character that really convey a true ass-kicking quality:

1. Sheridan
2. Kirk
3. Sisko
4. Riker

I also think that, given a better show around her, Janeway could have done that.

My favorite captain gets his ass kicked about as regularly as he kicks ass -- but he's still gorram cool.

I have an all new respect for this episode after listening to the voice-over commentary on the DVD. Having Bruce, Rick, Jerry and Ed do a good and proper MST3K of the episode made me laugh so hard I nearly passed out from oxygen depravation! The "4-minute scene with the jukebox" is forever blistered into my mind as a retake of Brando's "is that all you've got" bit from "On the Waterfront." Ye Gods, but I love this show and the actors that breathed life into it!

Jacqui

Is this not also the episode where (just as a side issue) Londo is manipulated in to a position where he is preapred to "Let the galaxy burn"? OR am I getting it mixed up?
FAB ep. Just saw it again the other day. Kosh did say not to blame himself (sheridan) for his death. Do you think he's carrying any guilt over that? Or is everyone (even the Vorlon) Expendable for the greater good? If sherdian was feeling a litle guilty pushing Kosk like that, then it must have been pretty weird when Kosh took up residence inside him

An episode of the highest quality. Severed Dreams is intense and in the large scale a tragic battle, but Interludes and Examinations hits me even harder. Sheridan right up in Kosh's face is one of the most intense scenes in the entire series, but during the dream / death sequence for Kosh I nearly cried. It was so beautifully shot.

Lets not downplay the personal tragedy for Londo or Dr. Franklin's stims thread blowing open at last either. Everything in the episode is just so powerful, but nothing more so than Kosh's death.

A tremendous sacrifice.
A touching moment.

The passing of a Legend.

If there was a mark higher than A I would give it to this episode.There are so many important things happening in it that make you watch it again and again.There are several very emotional moments.

-Kosh losing his temper
-Sheridan shouting and insulting the millons of years old Kosh
-the dark side of Dr.Franklin
-Londo crying for Adira
-Kosh's Death

This episode is a TV masterpiece!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back