View Single Post
Old March 2nd 11, 20:07   #3
GKarsEye
First One

Re: Not Particularly Good Films That I'd Like To See Re-Cut/Restored

Not only do I dislike (and I'm a huge Lynch fan otherwise), I just don't see how that story could be made into a decent film. But then I'm not that great a fan of the book either.

There's some I think would make interesting remakes in the hands of good directors and producers, like Fahenheit 451, but I know that's not that point of this thread.

Remember when we all desperately wanted to see the "real" version of Blade Runner, and there were like 5 different cuts? Yikes.

I dunno, as I get older and lose patience for unnecessary nonsense, I've become a great fan of cutting, editing, and brevity. The only scene in any movie that was cut that shouldn't have been that I can come up with now is in Amadeus when Mozart's wife offers herself to Salieri to get Mozart a job, just because (and no it's not 'cause there's boobies) it explains why she's so mean to him at the end of the movie when he's at Mozart's death bed.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote