View Single Post
Old August 14th 10, 05:17   #410
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
Not to deny your main point, but you just described every Larry King and David Letterman interview I've ever seen.
Oh, okay. Never mind, then, I don't usually watch those.

Quote:
Wasn't Firefly also on Fox? I wonder why Whedon et al trusted them to handle their next show.
They didn't have much of a choice. The deal was between Fox and Dushku; Eliza's the one who brought Joss in to run her show. There was much hand-wringing about "Why is he going back to Fox?" But the deal already existed, with Fox as an essential element.

Quote:
The only way I was able to convince myself to go with it is that tyrants and monsters are able to justify their actions in real life as well.
To me that was the point. Back then I had this theory about how the show was Joss's indictment of capitalism, etc., and her being a self-justifying stooge played into that theory.

Quote:
It was Eliza Dushku playing dress up (and dress off) and kicking ass. And there were ridiculous accents* and guns and motorcycles. Honestly, folks- fuck family.
Ah, you were the ideal target audience for the first few episodes, then... I'll be excited to tell them about you over on the Whedon site I go to. We thought you were a myth.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote