Thread: Louis
View Single Post
Old July 1st 10, 16:19   #1
GKarsEye
First One

Louis

My favorite working comic in the world is Louis C.K. He's just amazing. I've seen live a bunch of times, heard him on the radio, seen him on T.V, and he constantly kills. The most impressive thing about him is that he's the only comic ever to do brutally funny material about having children. But his best material is about life and death and being fat and yes it's very adult language.

He had a TV show on HBO called Lucky Louis and it was amazing and canceled.

Now he has a new show on FX called Louie and it premiered this week with two episodes and I was floored at how original and funny its best moments were. It's a weird format- there's stand-up and sketches, but not regular cast members.

The opening scene of the second episode, where he's playing poker with a bunch of other comics, and talking about gay sex stuff is brilliantly funny and actually sensitive and informative about the feelings of gay people. This is the best thing on TV right now and you should check it out.

Here's a clip (that starts with a bit that Dane Cook stole, btw). Take the time to youtube a bunch of clips, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2Zs...eature=related

LANGUAGE NSFW
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote