• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RIP Jeff Conaway

dencor

Regular
Just saw over at JMS' twitter account that Jeff Conaway is in a coma from a drug overdose. he has been struggling as we all know for sometime. Sad news. My prayers go out to him and his family

Re: Jeff Conaway our prayers are with you

On Claudia's Facebook page she says that he is brain dead. Since I haven't been able to find this in any news items, I'm assuming it's info from the family. This doesn't look good.

Amy

Just read on the net that he is actually suffering from pneumonia with sepsis. He is currently in an induced coma and is expected to recover. So, Claudia Christian should be more careful what she tweets.

I hope the report is right but...'Dr. Drew' also was tweeting from what I read. Is this really supposed to be information to trust? And pneumonia was part of some of the reports I'd already read. The part I hadn't heard was that the coma was induced.

Inducing coma is done to prevent, or reduce, injury to the brain, while it recovers. Let's hope Jeff pulls through, and gets a part in a B5 big screen movie!

This report would seem to support Claudia Christian's tweet, that there has been no brain activity since he arrived at the hospital.

Jeff's family now wish to turn off his life support machine.....but they do not appear to hold power of attorney.

A very sad state of affairs.

That site sickens me. There's a targeted ad for some drug/alcohol intervention company plastered right on Jeff's picture. Has the concept of good taste been completely lost in our society?

ETA: Apparently the targeted ad rotates. I've seen the intervention company twice and a 'turn your computer into a TV' ad once. Still gag-worthy, especially given the circumstances.

Jan

Last edited:

Heard this today too. Sad to see another B5 actor pass beyond the rim. :(

Yeah the B5 News Feed has just reported it on Twitter. Extremely sad... here is hoping he rests in peace and rises in glory.

Dammit. :(

Considering how relatively recent B5 was, it's really quite horrible how many of the people involved on the show are already gone.

(renamed the thread, with the news now confirmed)

Damn. It's always depressing when a B5 actor leaves us.

"I'll probably still be here when they turn off the lights."

RIP

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back