• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anyone still watching Lost?

I like the show and I'm dying to see how it turns out, but I think the holes in the fabric will really show through upon repeat viewings.

I don't think we have to wait for repeated viewings for the holes.

You really plan on re-watching this thing? I assure you, I'll forget all about after the last internet post I make about the finale, a couple days after it airs.

Actually, no.

Jacob's been bringing people to the island for at least 100 years, and told Smokey if he killed him, someone would replace him, so, it's been at least 100+ years ago Jacob's been recruiting for replacements

yea but the question remains, why does jacob have the power to give richard ever lasting life...but then can't do it for himself?

Jacob's been bringing people to the island for at least 100 years, and told Smokey if he killed him, someone would replace him, so, it's been at least 100+ years ago Jacob's been recruiting for replacements

yea but the question remains, why does jacob have the power to give richard ever lasting life...but then can't do it for himself?

They're not immortal (meaning they can't be killed), they stopped aging. After all, Richard seemed pretty sure that he would have been able to kill myself with an explosion.

They're not immortal (meaning they can't be killed), they stopped aging. After all, Richard seemed pretty sure that he would have been able to kill myself with an explosion.
Actually, Richard couldn't kill himself with an explosion (The island won't let you kill yourself if it's not finished with you, see Michael trying to kill himself before signing onto the Freighter and Mr Friendly telling him the island wouldn't let him), and can't age to death, but, someone or something else could kill him. This is why Jack and Richard didn't blow up, because Jack lit the fuse and stayed with Richard, if Jack walked away after lighting the fuse, Richard may have blown up.

I think Jacob was ready to go. Thinking Ben might even be a suitable replacement, he gave Ben the choice to kill him or let him live. Certainly, when Richard came along and he had no backup plan in place, Jacob defended himself a little more vigorously. Jacob had probably reached the end of his willingness to continue and figured it would either be Ben or one of the other candidates still on the island. Dying was an act of faith that things would turn out alright even if he was gone.

I think Jacob was ready to go. Thinking Ben might even be a suitable replacement, he gave Ben the choice to kill him or let him live. Certainly, when Richard came along and he had no backup plan in place, Jacob defended himself a little more vigorously. Jacob had probably reached the end of his willingness to continue and figured it would either be Ben or one of the other candidates still on the island. Dying was an act of faith that things would turn out alright even if he was gone.

That seems to be the common interpretation but I don't really buy it.
I think MiB just "won" this round- he didn't wanna die, but MiB found his little loop-hole and got him killed.
What MiB hasn't taken into account- I guess he just couldn't know- is that dead people can talk to Hugo.

I don't know about everyone else, but I loved last night's episode. Last week's was such a disappointment after the awesomeness of the Richard episode, but this week they were back on their game. I've been waiting for the "sideways" timeline to merge with the real timeline. I knew this was going to happen, though I didn't know how or why, which is the fun in watching.

Sideways Charlie sure does have some balls.

Sideways Charlie has clearly sunk a little farther than original recipe Charlie. I liked this one. It's coming together. Nothing can bridge the gap between alternate universes like true love, it seems.

Desmond at the end creeped me out, agreeing to go along with whatever Widmore or Sayid wanted.

WHAT DOES HE KNOW?!!! ARGHH.. stupid show.

Great ep...

"When evil worlds collide I'm trapped inside my embryonic shell..."
- band: Black Sabbath; song: A National Acrobat; album: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

The Desmond ep was great but I'm just ready for it to all start making sense! What did he want the passenger manifest for? I hope there's just something badass in store these final few episodes.

The Desmond ep was great but I'm just ready for it to all start making sense! What did he want the passenger manifest for? I hope there's just something badass in store these final few episodes.
Seems to me it's gotta be because he wants to see who "sees" the timeline bleeding and those who don't, I believe he wants to "wake" them up, like Charlie did to Desmond

Everyone loves Desmond. He has this puppy dog eyes that makes people care about him and love him. He's the best actor on the show. Poor guy- we just want him to be with his otherwise pretty plain and boring wife!

I got creeped out when Sayid killed everyone and was all "let's go Desmond" and Desmond was just "ok, sure." So he'll tag along with Widmore, Sayid, whoever... wtf.

Um.. so, Libby, eh? That's some wack-ass shit right there.

Gun-girl go boom!

"Why aren't you afraid?"

"That's a lot of chicken."

Great, great episode.

well desmond does have the accent.

I saw him playing Jesus in a movie awhile back, but he had the standard Jesus-British accent.

who knew jesus was british??? !!!

NEWS flash!

wait till i tell the Jehovah's Witness's. :eek: Especially when they get out their bibles "it says it in the bible!" and i can say, "well B5O saw the movie!"

:guffaw:

OFF Topic:

Heh, the Southern USA Bible belt will probably take that better then accepting he was Jewish. Anyone seen MadTV Darlene McBride skits? Sometimes, I think some of you actually believe the Tea Party in general is worse than this, sure there's pyschos like every movement has but, I think there are some well informed, well intentioned folks involved as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TW1v78hthk

Last edited:
Ok time for my completely wacky-ass crazy guess, so that in the extremely slim chance I'm right I'll look like a genius.

Frank the pilot is somehow the puppet master in all this. He's like some kind of super-powerful being.

Ok time for my completely wacky-ass crazy guess, so that in the extremely slim chance I'm right I'll look like a genius.

Frank the pilot is somehow the puppet master in all this. He's like some kind of super-powerful being.

Hmmmmmm. Then again, maybe he's just a cosmic door stop.

Latest posts

Members online

Back