• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Movie and seasons order

My B5 Universe pack has arrived! I bought it from eBay. It contains all the seasons and movies. mmmmm, I wonder what I will be doing this weekend.......

TT.

Watching the Baseball game of the week and renting Gone With The Wind?

All kidding aside...Happy Times are coming for you when you watch the B5 saga. Have fun and enjoy the show!

Alex

Seems to me the viewing order differs only when considering a newby to someone who's aware of the story. Maybe this should be split according to the circumstance.:angel:

For those who have watched the show a number of times already ... pick a random order, and see what new and exciting story arcs come to light.

OK. I'll get my coat!

:D

Here's what I think is the best viewing order:

The Gathering (pilot) [2257]

Season One ("Signs and Portents") [2258]

Midnight on the Firing Line
Soul Hunter
Born to the Purple
Infection
The Parliament of Dreams
Mind War
The War Prayer
And The Sky Full Of Stars
Deathwalker
Believers
Survivors
By Any Means Necessary
Signs and Portents
Grail
Eyes
A Voice in the Wilderness - Part 1
A Voice in the Wilderness - Part 2
Babylon Squared
The Quality of Mercy
TKO (why not right after Signs and Portents ?)
Legacies
Chrysalis

Season Two ("The Coming Of Shadows") [2259]

Points of Departure
Revelations
The Geometry of Shadows
A Distant Star
The Long Dark
A Spider in the Web
A Race Through Dark Places
Soul Mates
The Coming of Shadows
GROPOS
All Alone in the Night
Acts of Sacrifice
Hunter, Prey
There All the Honor Lies
And Now For a Word
Knives
In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum
Confessions and Lamentations
Divided Loyalties
The Long, Twilight Struggle
Comes the Inquisitor
The Fall of Night

Season Three ("Point of No Return") [2260]

Matters of Honor
Convictions
A Day in the Strife
Passing Through Gethsemane
Voices of Authority
(this was originally meant to air before "Passing Through Gethsemane," but since the events of this episode tie into the beginning of "Dust to Dust," and aren't mentioned at all in "Gethsemane," the initial airing order is actually an improvement)
Dust to Dust
Exogenesis
Messages from Earth
Point of No Return
Severed Dreams
Ceremonies of Light and Dark
A Late Delivery From Avalon
Sic Transit Vir
Ship of Tears
Interludes and Examinations
Walkabout
War Without End, Part One
War Without End, Part Two
Grey 17 Is Missing
And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place
Shadow Dancing
Z'ha'dum

Season Four ("No Surrender, No Retreat") [2261]

The Hour of the Wolf
Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?
The Summoning
Falling Toward Apotheosis
The Long Night
Into the Fire
Epiphanies
The Illusion of Truth
Thirdspace (TV Movie) [obviously in 2261]
Atonement
Racing Mars
Lines of Communication
Conflicts of Interest
Rumors, Bargains and Lies
Moments of Transition
No Surrender, No Retreat
The Exercise of Vital Powers
The Face of the Enemy
Intersections in Real Time
Between the Darkness and the Light
Endgame
Rising Star
The Deconstruction of Falling Stars

Season Five - ("Wheel of Fire") [2262]
No Compromises
The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari
The Paragon of Animals
A View from the Gallery
Learning Curve
Strange Relations
Secrets of the Soul
In the Kingdom of the Blind
A Tragedy of Telepaths
Phoenix Rising
The Ragged Edge
Day of the Dead
The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father
Meditations on the Abyss
Darkness Ascending
And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder
Movements of Fire and Shadow
The Fall of Centauri Prime
Wheel of Fire
Objects in Motion
Objects at Rest
River of Souls (TV Movie) [2263]

The Legend of the Rangers [pilot movie and series late 2265 to late 2269; "just under 3 years after the events of 'Objects at Rest.'" This means it will be set in late 2265]

A Call to Arms (TV Movie) [January 2267]

Crusade [January 2267 - December 2271 was planned]
This ordering, which JMS specified, ignores the uniform change in favor of maintaining continuity of storyline, except that I moved War Zone to position 1.

War Zone (chronologically takes place immediately after A Call to Arms.)
Racing the Night
The Needs of Earth
The Memory of War
The Long Road
Visitors from Down the Street
The Well of Forever
Each Night I Dream of Home
Patterns of the Soul
The Path of Sorrows
Ruling from the Tomb
The Rules of the Game
Appearances and Other Deceits

Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales - Voices in the Dark (Direct-to-DVD, #1 of 1) [2271]
Over Here
Over There (contains a flashforward to 2301.)

In the Beginning (TV Movie) [2278] (The present tense of Londo as narrator is that of Londo releasing Sheridan and Delenn, and Londo & G'Kar choking each other at the end, and this has to happen between Crusade and "Sleeping in Light."
"In the Beginning" was told by Londo in ~2278.)

Sleeping in Light [2281].

Wow... As I have mentioned in another thread I am getting Babylon 5: The Complete Collection + The Lost Tales for Christmas. I casually asked what the viewing order may be and found out that I had bitten off a little more than I thought...

Thanks for all your input guys I can see a lot of work has gone into it. I just have to figure out which method of viewing to choose now!

It would be a huge mistake to watch In The Beginning first. Yes it's pretty much a prequel / flashback... but it spoils seasons one through four, ffs.

It would be a huge mistake to watch In The Beginning first. Yes it's pretty much a prequel / flashback... but it spoils seasons one through four, ffs.

Yes, it's best right before Sleeping in Light, because it's told by Londo in 2278 and it's best to have all but Sleeping in Light under your belt when you watch In the Beginning. That way, ItB fills in the little bits that you heard about, but never saw. Suddenly, what Sinclair said way back in Midnight on the Firing Line about how the Narn will sell to anybody who can afford the credits, gets some context. Ditto for what G'kar told the human weapons supplier when he (G'Kar) was trying to buy weapons to resist the Centauri occupation on Narn.

I watched it between Seasons 4 and 5. I was trying to break up the movies a little bit, so it was.

-Objects at Rest
-River of Souls
-Sleeping in Light
-A Call to Arms

I watched it between Seasons 4 and 5. I was trying to break up the movies a little bit, so it was.

-Objects at Rest
-River of Souls
-Sleeping in Light
-A Call to Arms

See, that doesn't work for me:

In the Beginning (told in 2278)
-Objects at Rest (Dec. 2262)
-River of Souls (2263)
-Sleeping in Light (2281)
-A Call to Arms (Dec. 2266-Jan.2267)

Does anyone else think it's awesome and yet just a little odd that we know everything in this universe by date?

The good thing about watching In the Beginning as the penultimate part of the experience, isthat it nicely brings the quality level back up in time for Sleeping in Light. It's the best of the movies in my opinion.

Does anyone else think it's awesome and yet just a little odd that we know everything in this universe by date?

It means that it's sufficiently real to us to remember it this way, by date, and that dates matter.

And no, I didn't have to look up any of those dates.

Nice avatar, Santa from the Vorlon (and evolved Human) homeworld. ;)

The good thing about watching In the Beginning as the penultimate part of the experience, is that it nicely brings the quality level back up in time for Sleeping in Light. It's the best of the movies in my opinion.

In the Beginning and A Call to Arms both get top marks from me.

Nice avatar, Santa from the Vorlon (and evolved Human) homeworld. ;)

Thanks... thought I'd go for a seasonal variant (having already experimented with Commie Galahad)

In the Beginning
and A Call to Arms both get top marks from me.

Yes A Call to Arms comes a close second for me... but In the Beginning edges it. I have a few minor quibbles with ACtA that knock it down just a little.

Yes A Call to Arms comes a close second for me... but In the Beginning edges it. I have a few minor quibbles with ACtA that knock it down just a little.

That's about right. I didn't mean to imply that they were equal, just that compared to the rest of the B5 TV movies, these are far and away the best. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I'd give In the Beginning a 10, and A Call to Arms a 9.5.

I have just been informed by Amazon.co.uk that my order for Babylon 5: The Complete Collection + The Lost Tales is the following: "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.

What a gutter!!! Does anyone know where I can get the exact same one?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back