• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 novels

Is it just me or is the psi corps trilogy stupidly expensive for no discernible reason?

Anyone got a set they are willing to part with for a reasonable price? :)

Is it just me or is the psi corps trilogy stupidly expensive for no discernible reason?

Anyone got a set they are willing to part with for a reasonable price? :)

I guess it depends on where you're looking for them and whether it's the individual novels or the SCIFI Bookclub hardback bind ups

Interesting - on ebay.com they do seem quite pricy, but on ebay.co.uk they are quite reasonably priced. Even more interesting, there's a listing on ebay.com for a combined hardback book of the trilogy (for a ridiculous price) published by the Science Fiction Book Club. I wasn't aware any of the B5 books were published in hardback. Were the other two trilogies published in hardback by the book club as well?

I always found the Technomage books to be the tricky ones to get for a reasonable price.

I do believe all trilogies where offered in a combined hardcover. The centauri trilogy definately is, I’ve got one. Back when I bought it, buying the hardcover was cheaper then just buying part three softcover! Part three can be hard to find.

The hardcovers would be nice to have. If anyone wants to give their's to Looney he would gladly accept and appreciate them. :guffaw:

If not I fear I will have to stick with the paperbacks. That is until I get the collector's bug going hardcore again and decide I need the hardcovers. :LOL::rolleyes::LOL: Still after one final soundtrack CD. :drool:

The prices are not that bad if you ask me. Techno-Mage and Centauri starting at 42 USD each and Psi Corps at just 19 USD, second hand obviously.

BTW, in my humble opinion parts 2 and 3 of the Psi-Corps trilogy are not that interesting. The Centauri and Psi-Corps trilogy is very good though..

https://www.amazon.com/Psi-Corps-Tr...1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1520450729&sr=8-3-fkmr0

https://www.amazon.com/Legions-Fire...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520450729&sr=8-1-fkmr0

https://www.amazon.com/Passing-Tech...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520451046&sr=1-1

Yeah those prices are not too bad. Maybe I will end up with those. I haven't read the paperbacks, but I have them all and I plan to someday. I would much rather read the hardcovers because I find hardcovers physically easier to hold as I read. This is in part due to the fact that I am a collector, so I don't want to bend or crease a paperback. :thumbsup:

Veritas1980 I see you are in Houston. Were you in Galveston for the 2014 Reunion?

Yeah those prices are not too bad. Maybe I will end up with those. I haven't read the paperbacks, but I have them all and I plan to someday. I would much rather read the hardcovers because I find hardcovers physically easier to hold as I read. This is in part due to the fact that I am a collector, so I don't want to bend or crease a paperback. :thumbsup:

Veritas1980 I see you are in Houston. Were you in Galveston for the 2014 Reunion?

No, I was not, I just joined this form not long ago and have not been part of any club or gatherings, sadly.

No, I was not, I just joined this form not long ago and have not been part of any club or gatherings, sadly.

Well it was Space City Comic Con 2014. You may have heard of that Convention on the news in 2016. It was at NRG Center. They billed it as a Sons of Anarchy reunion that turned into anarchy for fans of that show. :LOL: I shouldn't laugh. It was a horrible experience for them, but I was there for other guests from other shows and movies so it was fine for me. Anyway, the 2014 Space City Comic Con that was held in Galveston at Moody Gardens was billed as the Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Con. They were basing their 20TH Anniversary on Midnight on The Firing Line (1994) where as Phoenix Comic Con, which was several months earlier, based their Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Con on The Gathering (1993). I still have never heard the story as to how Space City Comic Con went down that path, but they were able to get more guests than Phoenix had - except no JMS. Anyway it was absolutely fantastic. I only wish I had been able to do more. Unfortunately several of the Guest Panels were scheduled at the same time so you had to pick and choose. With 17 Babylon 5 cast members it was a tough thing to schedule I guess. It was so awesome.

Well it was Space City Comic Con 2014. You may have heard of that Convention on the news in 2016. It was at NRG Center. They billed it as a Sons of Anarchy reunion that turned into anarchy for fans of that show. :LOL: I shouldn't laugh. It was a horrible experience for them, but I was there for other guests from other shows and movies so it was fine for me. Anyway, the 2014 Space City Comic Con that was held in Galveston at Moody Gardens was billed as the Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Con. They were basing their 20TH Anniversary on Midnight on The Firing Line (1994) where as Phoenix Comic Con, which was several months earlier, based their Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Con on The Gathering (1993). I still have never heard the story as to how Space City Comic Con went down that path, but they were able to get more guests than Phoenix had - except no JMS. Anyway it was absolutely fantastic. I only wish I had been able to do more. Unfortunately several of the Guest Panels were scheduled at the same time so you had to pick and choose. With 17 Babylon 5 cast members it was a tough thing to schedule I guess. It was so awesome.

Sounds like it. I own the whole series via google play. I watched it at work when it was slow recently and that was probably my 7th or 8th viewing.

I'm still interested in readable copies of those books too.

Latest posts

Members online

Back