• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr Who - Season 30 (4) [SPOILERS]

Elenopa

Regular
Well, any BBC watchers wish to comment?

I'm not too sure about the rock guitar riffs in the theme tune.

Re: Dr Who - Season 30 (4)

I recognised a certain *ahem* person before they turned their head around.

Not wanting to give anything away there.

I thought the humour in the episode was wonderful. I just didn't like the silly cute gremlin creatures of the week.

The spaceship was very Close Encounters was it not.

Still want Carey Mulligan though!

The spaceship was Close Encounters crossed with the Walkers of Sigma 957.

The adult version of the alien living sugar packets are not nice.

A similar story to the Sarah Jane Adventures pilot. Someone does not like food.

Well, given my 11 and 12 year old children's reaction to the "silly cute gremlin creatures of the week", I have this weird feeling that they were aimed more towards the younger end of Dr Who fandom rather than the cynical 39 year olds like me. They thought they were great.

I could take or leave them as individual specimens, personally, but there was something decidedly creepy about seeing hundreds (or was it thousands) of them all in one place.

And a pretty good performance by Catherine Tate, I thought. I, for one, am looking forward to a different Dr/Companion dynamic this season.

The new season of Doctor Who is finally starting for those of us in the USA. It will begin this coming Friday evening, on the SciFi Channel, with the Xmas special, Voyage of the Damned.

Yesterday I watched the first (long) ep of The Sarah Jane Adventures. It is obviously made for kids, but wasn't bad, considering. Not sure if I will watch more.

Enjoyed them both, very entertaining all around. Fires of Pompeii felt very 80's in theme at times, lots of fum. Tate is good, and I suspect she will slide into the role as time goes on.

Enjoyed them both, very entertaining all around. Fires of Pompeii felt very 80's in theme at times, lots of fum. Tate is good, and I suspect she will slide into the role as time goes on.

Agreed ... I have enjoyed both eps so far, and I think the dynamic between The Doctor and Donna is potentially brilliant. I love that she just isn't shy to challenge The Doctor's outlook with the hard questions that need to be asked.

Odd for the win !!

That was top. Sontaran's vs UNIT next week, which will give me a warm glowy nostalgia feeling.

I think the actual United Nations didn't like the connection.

We all know that UNIT stands for United Nations Intelligance Taskforce but that is never mentioned at anythime in the new series; it is only called UNIT.

Ood episode. Nice. Donna is turning out to be a very intelligent character. Last week, with her knowledge of Pompei's destruction (I don't know how many average people would know that most got killed trying to escape from the beaches), and this week, her interpretation of Ood personality. I wouldn't have seen Rose coming out with that.

Lots of forboding happening. 'Your song must end soon', and 'She is returning', and 'There is something on your back'.

I'm waiting for the bee episode; it's been mentioned twice that the bees are disappearing. (I'm saying nothing about the real threat to bees)

Well I understood the probable implications of "Your song must end soon" (the obvious being a potential regeneration on the cards (Tennant is thought to be leaving at the end of the series or in one of the special episodes in the following year) and "She is returning" but "There is something on your back" has me a little confused, although that could be a red herring. It could be connected to the Return of Rose... his song of moping over Rose may be finishing. I kind of hope the reappearance of Rose doesn't result in the Doctor going all soft in the head again. With Martha's help, he's moved on and he should be wise enough to know it.

It now stands for UNified Intellegence Taskforce. A RTD retro-con or rethink, to get around the UN issues.

The Shadow Proclomation has been mentioned in two episodes so far, I think that will play a role.

I was reading an interview with RTD in one of the magazines in WHSmiths yesterday.

He said that series 4 is the culmination of various things they've been working towards. There will be connections to pretty much al the episodes by the time they are done.

And "she is coming back to you" apparently has a double meaning.

And "she is coming back to you" apparently has a double meaning.

The other night at our Si-Fi pub meet, the gang were speculating who 'she' could be. As well as Rose, it could be Sarah Jane, Romana or the Rani, among others.

I'd be suprised if it was straight forward.

Well another possibility is not a massive secret. Check out the title and synopsis for the fist episode after the Sontaran double episodes and you'll see what I mean... and there's no smoke and mirrors. RTD says the episode is exactly what it says on the tin.

What I don't understand is how the Doctor couldn't detect the person's presence?

I know I have read the episode titles (apart from the one that's not been released, but I think we can guess why), but I don't remember any of them specifically. I think I shall avoid them for a week or so, just to make the surprise a bit greater.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back