• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS at Emerald City Comic Con

Jan

Regular
Here's what JMS had to say at the convention today about what he's up to lately:

It's now official: JMS is adapting the Lensman saga for Ron Howard and they're looking at possibly making it a three film series.

He's also rewritten an entire script for the Wachowski brothers in 60 hours. (He didn't mention the name but this must be "Ninja Assassin").

He's sold a spec script to Tom Cruise.

He's sold a spec script to Universal called "Flickering Light".

There's another project for Wolfgang Peterson called "The Grays" based on the books by Whitley Strieber.

One of the announcements he hopes to make in the next few weeks is a for a feature film that's "near and dear to the heart of every person in the room".

Regarding more Lost Tales, at the moment two divisions of WB seem to be 'discussing' wanting a feature film or more Lost Tales but haven't come to an agreement and haven't gotten to the point of guaranteeing JMS total creative control in the case of a feature film. The budget for the first disk was only 2 million dollars.

He's currently adapting "Midnight Nation" as a screenplay and expects to have it ready around August or September.

Another big producer is interested in "Dream Police" and "Rising Stars".

He's got two projects coming from Image. One I missed the title of, the other is called "Final Justice". They'll be coming from Image probably in the fall.

I asked his reaction to "Changeling" being chosen to compete at the Cannes Film Festival and he brought everybody up to speed on that. He's flying out next Sunday to be there for the competition and seems stunned and pleased just at the honor of the film being chosen but doesn't have any idea how it'll do.

It was great to finally meet Lyta after all these years, too. <waves>

wow, Lensmen series!!!:drool: That should be awesome!!! I read that as a kid and adored it! Is it still in print?:devil: Near and dear...faith manages?:thumbsup:. I'd been wondering at the hold up on Lost Tales, but sounds like it is a "good" thing. Thanks for the updates Jan. On a side note, have either JMS or yourself ever been to GenCon here in Indy?

On a side note, have either JMS or yourself ever been to GenCon here in Indy?

I never have been, fisheggs. Looking at the post archives at JMSnews.com, it looks like JMS was there in 2000. That was before I got into the habit of going to all of the JMS cons.

Be still, my beating heart... could that be a B5 movie? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm pretty sure it's not, Jade Jaguar. He spoke of the possibility of a B5 move (or more Lost Tales) separately. This 'near and dear' project seems to be one that he's been hinting at for a few months now.

Jan

It's also a comic convention he's at, not a B5 convention.

Perhaps a screen version of one of the comics he wrote?

I too took note that it was a comic convention and wondered if "near and dear to the heart of every person in the room" referenced a story originating in a comic.

Sorry Koshfan!! I just found out myself a few days before the con and since it was on Mother's day ... it was my gift to myself to go without the kiddos! I should have PM'd you! :(

Anyway, it was great to meet Jan and hopefully I can get a copy of that recording for my husband? ;)

Will do, Lyta. Soon as I can think straight from the traveling/time change. It was great to meet you, too!

Jan

No rush! I tried posting on RASTB5M but haven't gotten my posts approved yet.... Thanks for cross posting for us! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back