• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

V

Morena Baccarin as the "Diana" character? (well unnamed leader of the aliens.) Interesting choice!

Happy to see two good peeps playing the other parts, Juliet/Wash.

Interesting! I'm not sure they can make it as "fun" as the first one. The original was just so funny in some parts.

Ive got mixed feelings on this. First off, I LOVED the original Miniseries V. Extremely well done. Definitely played up the pre-World War II politics, among other things. Casting was good, writing was better. Im concerned naturally that this remake wont at all live up to the original.

That all said, I thought V: The Final Battle was really, REALLY cheesy. The original creator of the first mini had nothing to do with it, and whoever they got came up with some crap plot and hoakey storylines to end the series with some deus ex machina super girl. Pretty lame.

I think they have a decent cast lined up for this retelling, but I so enjoy the original, Ill have a tough time enjoying this new one more. Every year or two I like to dust it off and watch it. In fact, maybe Ill go do that now. :)

Ive got mixed feelings on this. First off, I LOVED the original Miniseries V. Extremely well done. Definitely played up the pre-World War II politics, among other things. Casting was good, writing was better. Im concerned naturally that this remake wont at all live up to the original.

That all said, I thought V: The Final Battle was really, REALLY cheesy. The original creator of the first mini had nothing to do with it, and whoever they got came up with some crap plot and hoakey storylines to end the series with some deus ex machina super girl. Pretty lame.

I think they have a decent cast lined up for this retelling, but I so enjoy the original, Ill have a tough time enjoying this new one more. Every year or two I like to dust it off and watch it. In fact, maybe Ill go do that now. :)

Don't say anything against "The Final Battle", it had Ham Tyler goddammit.

Sounds enticing. Despite the Cheez, I enjoyed all of V: The first Mini, The Final Battle, and V-The Series

Morena Baccaran was cool in Stargate SG-1, so I think she'd make a great Diana character

Wasn't she also Inara in Firefly? I didn't realize she was in Stargate...

Yes to both. She was in the last Season of SG1, and the movie Ark of Truth that took place shortly after that last season. She was good in the show, acting wise, but the show had long since jumped the shark story wise.

I saw the first and some of the last years ago. I agree it did tend to cheese up at the end, so possibly worth the remake treatment. But for crying out loud, lets all try something new that is not based on an existing franchise, movie book or whatever.

Wasn't she also Inara in Firefly? I didn't realize she was in Stargate...

Sorry, I figured after your mention of Wash, Firefly was a "No-Brainer", plus Inarra was a different type of character. In Stargate, she was an evil powerful leader of the final major enemy in the series, so the role of a Diana character would be similar in some aspects.

So glad to see more V coming. I think Kenneth Johnson is still involved, but haven't seen his name in any of the press releases. There's a ton they could do with the concept now. JMS even pitched an idea to WB (I think) for more V, way back when. I'm glad that didn't happen, then we might not have had Babylon...

Raw Shark

"The enemy will never stop thinking of ways to hurt America, and neither will we."
W.

I haven't been able to confirm that Kenneth Johnson is involved. He was trying to get a miniseries or movie based on his book "V: The Next Generation" which is clearly more of a screenplay converted to a book. So apparently he was unsuccessful and just wanted to get it out there. His book was to take place 20 years after the Original Mini, and IGNORE the "Final Battle" mini and the TV series that followed it --- since he had abandoned the project after the original mini because of creative differences with NBC.

Im interested to see where he wanted to take things. But from all indications, I cant see where he is involved with this at all. This seems to be just a reimagining of the original concept. One can only hope it still has all of the political aspects to it.

A reimagining, yes, but I'd feel a lot better about it if it's written by him, rather than 'based on characters created by Kenneth Johnson.' Final Battle was pretty much profit-driven, as NBC was eager to get more product out there and didn't want to wait for Johnson. I sure liked some of what they did in Final Battle, but overall it wasn't half as good as the first miniseries. I'm not really interested in anyone else's take on V, because we already saw one.

Raw Shark

"Avoid self-righteousness like the devil, nothing is as self-blinding."
Sir B.H. Liddell Hart

What an awful trailer. The Vs? V is for victory and they totally shat on that. And I don't like the religious angle. I rewatched the original mini series recently and found the way they alienated scientists was brilliant. I don't think this version will have anything so smart. And the acting looked pretty bad even though I know those actors can do better.

What kind of bothers me is that "V" meant Victory, didn't it? Against the aliens? And it sounds like they were referring to the aliens as "V" ??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back