• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Well I'm not a writer, but it seems to me that if one isn't prepared to offer some sort of full explanation for the sciency stuff, at least within the context of the story, then yes, leave it out. I'm not looking for BSG to tell me why their stuff is scientifically plausible, just for some sort of internal consistency.

Same. I don't care about the science behind the Cylon test, but when you devote an entire season to "ZOMG, everyone could be a Cylon! We can't test it!", then suddenly have a test in one episode, and then suddenly can't test again in the next episode ..

.. well, it reminds makes me love B5 just that extra bit more. I don't care about bloopers and inconsistencies regarding technology by default. It's when they make a technology (or the lack of a technology) a major plot point that I start caring. I don't give a shit that the links on B5 were occasionally linked to a person's DNA and could not be transferred, and could easily be transferred in other episodes. I did feel cheated when the most undefeatable of undefeatable Borg suddenly could be blown up with single phaser shots on Star Trek.

Haven't seen any red spines because we haven't had any sex scenes where chicks are riding dudes (where their spine is in plain view,) or dudes totally going at it with women (shirtless and with their backs exposed.) I would know if I saw Anders w/o a shirt during sex. Oh trust me. I would know.

The test appeared when Hera came along. Something about antibodies or such. I don't recall, but it was during the time when Hera's amniotic fluid cured the president for a time.

I don't think it was fleshed out enough, though.

The test appeared when Hera came along. Something about antibodies or such. I don't recall, but it was during the time when Hera's amniotic fluid cured the president for a time.

I don't think it was fleshed out enough, though.

Was it amniotic fluid? I don't remember that episode all that well, I guess, 'cause I thought it was just blood, and I've been sitting here for a long time wondering why they haven't tried using some more blood from Hera on Roslin now that her cancer returned. But even if it was the amniotic fluid, why didn't they save some of that magic to use again later for the utmost of otherwise incurable problems?

Probably just an instance of having to find a way to not kill a character that's supposed to be dying of cancer and then having to bring the cancer back out of having little else they could think of for Roslin to do other than be the president and have cancer. 'Cause really, what has Roslin been doing lately? Fuck, they should have made her a cylon. Have her die of cancer in the middle of the show with all of us thinking she was human only to come back to life as a cylon in the way that Ellen did. At least then maybe the writers would have her being important. As it is now she's just kind of sitting around waiting to die and Adama's sitting around waiting for Galactica to fall apart. What a way to shove the two leading characters of the show to the side!

As it is now she's just kind of sitting around waiting to die and Adama's sitting around waiting for Galactica to fall apart. What a way to shove the two leading characters of the show to the side!

lol ... best summary of what those characters are doing yet. Bravo.

I think what is most frustrating on all this, is that occasionally there are shades of layers story behind the characters, yet the execution is just ... a little rough. Especially when you include the events of the previous seasons.

Back to hiding on the forums. ;)

Their spines glow red when they have hot sex, but it's impossible to distinguish them from humans in a medical examination!

That ALWAYS irritated me. I'm kinda glad they dropped the whole spine-glow thing very early on. Hopefully they realized how dumb it was, how it went against what they were trying to do, and dropped it intentionally before it became too much of a thing.

You do realise we already covered the whole spinal glow and cylon detection test about three pages ago... don't you?

Probably just an instance of having to find a way to not kill a character that's supposed to be dying of cancer and then having to bring the cancer back out of having little else they could think of for Roslin to do other than be the president and have cancer. 'Cause really, what has Roslin been doing lately? Fuck, they should have made her a cylon. Have her die of cancer in the middle of the show with all of us thinking she was human only to come back to life as a cylon in the way that Ellen did. At least then maybe the writers would have her being important. As it is now she's just kind of sitting around waiting to die and Adama's sitting around waiting for Galactica to fall apart. What a way to shove the two leading characters of the show to the side!

This is so true, too. Initially decent characters on this show have, one by one, become so useless - first Baltar, then Starbuck and Apollo, then Roslin and Adama. Right now, only Ellen and Tigh still marginally interest me - they've killed everyone else that didn't suck.

There's something I couldn't understand in the last episode. Why is Ellen waiting for Sam to wake up and explain to the others what's going on. Isn't she supposed to remember everything after her resurrection?

There's something I couldn't understand in the last episode. Why is Ellen waiting for Sam to wake up and explain to the others what's going on. Isn't she supposed to remember everything after her resurrection?

What is it that she claims to not remember?

What is it that she claims to not remember?

Ellen said something like that:

"Hera is connected to something that's manipulating all of us. Maybe Anders can explain it to us."

Ellen regained her memory when she resurrected, so she should know all about the Final Five even better than Sam.

Has something to do with the musical notes and All Along the Watchtower (and hencely Starbuck's daddy).

Ellen said something like that:

"Hera is connected to something that's manipulating all of us. Maybe Anders can explain it to us."

Ellen regained her memory when she resurrected, so she should know all about the Final Five even better than Sam.

Well Hera isn't one of the final five, so they're two seperate matters. That is- Ellen can tell them all about their past on Earth(?) but what will happen w/ Hera no one really knows.

Well Hera isn't one of the final five, so they're two seperate matters. That is- Ellen can tell them all about their past on Earth(?) but what will happen w/ Hera no one really knows.

So it seems like the "magic bullet" in Sam's head is going to reveal all the mysteries of the show. :)

Something didn't sit right with me regarding Friday's episode. Why when Tyrol first went to see Boomer in prison did they have to talk with the phone? It was a wire mesh cage! They even touched through the cage later in the episode! That's like calling your buddy to talk with him on your cell phone when he is standing 2 feet in front of you.

Also, I'm confused as to why a Raptor jumping out right next to the Galactica caused all that damage, when one of the fleet ships (under Zarek's instructions) jumped away from a Raptor that was even closer, and the Raptor didn't move a single bit. Wouldn't it have been blasted away or hit by the same shockwave?

Sloppy people. Sloppy.

I realize the first one is funny "I caught a silly error" sloppy, which the other one is nitpick sloppy. But there you have it.

Last edited:
I think it was wire mesh and glass. I could be wrong. Apparently their cylon super-projection powers can move through glass.

Well, Chief also started it by himself at the end w/o touching Boomer. There was glass between. I just rewound my VCR tape. Both hands are pressing against glass. I think that's odd. They put emphasis on the touching yet they stick glass in there?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back