View Single Post
Old September 12th 18, 01:27   #24
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: Meditations On The Abyss

Hi Talvitar, I look forward to your future posts!

I think I've probably said this in other threads, but I tend to disagree that Delenn should have done anything about the "Lennier situation." I mean, I didn't even realize people thought her behavior uncool, bordering on cruel until I started discussing it here. Mostly because I didn't pick up on some stuff that's there (I am very perceptive ), but also because I just don't think that Lennier's feelings are her problem to manage. I mean, sure, she is older, wiser, she can clearly see what is happening, AND she's his boss. She could maybe try to talk to him about it. But, I don't think she was being unclear to him about her feelings, even if she said nothing. I mean, she did marry someone else, that seems fairly unambiguous If he can't accept the unspoken but obvious "DEFINITELY not going to happen, dude" I don't think a conversation will help, either.

I agree that it would be hard for Delenn to operate without Lennier, what with him being her trusted aide. There are going to be things that she simply can't trust anyone else with. She has Sheridan as her life partner and him and other humans as allies in politics/war, but for Minbari stuff, she's going to need a trusted Minbari. How many of those does she have in her life at this point in time? I imagine she's just hoping he'll grow out of his funk. She COULD fire him, but I feel like it's ultimately up to him to decide if he can or can't live with this situation.