Old November 20th 17, 11:03   #24
b5historyman
Ranger

Re: Reading Between The Lines - The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5historyman View Post

Yes, Laurel would have revealed as the traitor who shot Garibaldi.
But would all of the things she did each step of the way, like altering the transport tube's records, have been revealed?

BTW, the way it plays out in the show it doesn't appear she had to give the assassin access to Varner's quarters. When he walks into Varner's quarters Varner doesn't seem surprised to see him. It looks more like they arranged something, so is it just that she arranged for them both to have access to the quarters without making a record of it. I guess my point is that when I read that she arranged for the assassin to have access to his quarters it sounded like you were saying without Varner knowing when in fact you probably just meant without security knowing someone other than Varner had access. And I'll stop rambling right . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . now!
Well I did point out in post above about third parties being involved. So it may not have come as a surprise to Varner that the assassin came to his quarters and cleared for access by Laurel. Remember the Minbari missed his rendezvous with Varner. Laurel was in on it so knew who the assassin would be and needed to propel the assassination forward.
b5historyman is offline   Reply With Quote