View Single Post
Old September 5th 17, 15:14   #16
Looney
Ambassador

Re: Read Between The Episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5historyman View Post
Laurel Takashima, was a double agent with an implanted personality, working for the pro Earth Homeguard. It was her that allowed the Minbari assassin into Varner's quarters and erased logs of the transport tube failure. This was being done to disrupt relations with the Vorlons and the Earth Alliance, by framing Sinclair for the assassination attempt and isolating Earth. Working through third parties (Del Varner and the Narn, who saw an opportunity to use a situation to their advantage and forge closer ties with the Vorlons and the Minbari) Homeguard make a deal with the extremist elements in the Wind Swords clan of the Minbari Warrior Caste opposed to the Babylon Project. They would have made an uneasy ally for the Homeguard, but also a readymade scapegoat for their actions, framing the Minbari for the attempt on Koshís life, and to hide Laurelís role.

Her implanted personality was consistent with Psi Corps having sleeper agents acting as their eyes and ears in important Earth Alliance positions, something Jason Ironheart first warned about in 2258. She was put through the sleeper program shortly after her arriving on Mars in 2251. As she worked her way up, reporting secretly back to Psi Corps on EarthForce activities and even getting recruited into the Homeguard to spy on them. When EarthForce investigated the incident, itís likely that Psi Corps were able to influence the result getting Laurel reassigned to the Rim, keeping their agent out of harmís way. With no sleeper agent within Babylon 5, they have Talia Winters reassigned to the station filling the vacancy for a commercial telepath.
I think I love you.

A topic I was thinking about discussing is how well it works when reading between the episodes to realize that when Laurel is describing meeting Sinclair on Mars that would have been the perfect time for her to have become a sleeper agent; a fact I only recently learned thanks to these B5 communities. It would have been so awesome to find this out directly in the show. So Laurel was reassigned to the Rim where she did what damage? Is there an answer to that somewhere or is that open material for some fan fiction?

b5historyman PLEASE check back here when you can. I LOVE to speculate, but I also l LOVE to find out the truth, if there is some truth and as long as I like what it says. LOL I figure with you, Jan, Marcus, and the host of other (Super-Fans, Mega-Fans, Ultimate-Fans, Fanatical-Fans, or whatever name we choose to call ourselves?) I will keep learning what I don't already know.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote