View Single Post
Old August 27th 17, 16:59   #79
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Has There Been Any News Re. The New B5 ~2016+~ Theatrical Movie?

A couple of things - almost quibbles. Yes, for the past two years JMS has said that he's working on building his 'street cred' in order to be able to attract investors to the project. He didn't say that he'd raised $60M in investors, only that he thought that was how much he could attract at that time. His feeling was that he'd need more in the way of feature films and/or TV shows in order to gain that credibility. As is too often the case, projects in the works (Midnight Nation series and Rising Stars movie as two examples) never seem to move very quickly so there's little change since last year.

As for WB, he's said he'd invite them in but if not, he'd go it alone. One thing to note about this is that even though JMS owns the feature film rights, WB owns all TV and other rights. If WB won't participate, it's unclear what secondary revenue streams would be available for the B5 movie such as TV or DVD sales.

At this year's San Diego Comic-Con appearance, JMS mentioned that he's aware that as time goes on, the less the show is in the public consciousness and he's trying to work out how to deal with that.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote