View Single Post
Old June 16th 17, 05:03   #68
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: Is it time to give season 5 another chance?

Hah, sorry, I thought I'd included my explanation, which is simple enough. I first saw the show back in the VHS days, and my friends who had recorded the show had had some trouble taping it! I think they'd accidentally recorded over a few episodes and only had partials of others. That was senior year of high school for me.

Then they started issuing the DVDs. I remember being so excited when Season 1 first came out. (I hadn't ever seen all of S1 until that point, either. I mean, I'd seen to the end of the show, but I hadn't seen "Mind War"! That's how patchy it has been for me.) But it took time for them to release them, and by the time they got around to Season 5, my interest in the show had waned. It started to seem dated, with threats and dangers that seemed very post-Cold War but pre-9/11. Moreover it seemed curiously straightforward about some things (Sheridan's basic decency and heroism, the Rangers = Good, etc.), when the world seemed quite complicated.

Moreover I'd moved on to other shows -- also starting with "B", curiously: Battlestar Galactica and Buffy. B5 shall forever be my first love, but Buffy replaced it in my heart as my soulmate show. I bought the complete set of Buffy, but I never got around to buying B5's fifth season.

But now B5 seems more relevant than it has in years, and besides, my sweetheart has already seen both BSG and Buffy, so I'm returning to my roots. And at some point I'll need to figure out a way to watch season 5.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote